Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Conversion help please  (Read 2753 times)

Offline melvis1645

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection Regular
Conversion help please
« on: March 30, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »
I mistakenly recorded a band last night in mpeg instead of wav on my PMD670. Does anyone know of a free converter or if I can do it on the unit? Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline LikeASong

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
Re: Conversion help please
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:00:16 PM »
MPEG? I'm afraid that ain't lossless. Anyway, there's literally hundreds of format converters that can do that for you; my personal favorite is Format Factory, which can handle basically *anything* you throw at him (even damaged files, sometimes), but there are dedicated MPG>FLAC converters like this one: http://www.flac-mp3.com/flac/convert-mpeg-to-flac.htm Good luck with it :)
The worst things in the world are justified by belief.
-U2

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

Offline melvis1645

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:08:19 PM »
Thanks. Stupid move on my part, first time using the recorder. I should have checked the setting. Lesson learned.

Offline LikeASong

• Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 08:03:11 AM »
Thanks. Stupid move on my part, first time using the recorder. I should have checked the setting. Lesson learned.
No prob - that's why we're here. Good luck next time :)
-U2

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

Offline Frequincy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I Am The Last Dinosaur
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »
I recorded a show as MP3 on my R05 once. Really sucks. I was recording some demos on my Martin real fast to send someone late at night, set it to MP3 and did not change it back. I never checked it before recording the show cause I usually never record to MP3, but that time it got me lol. Haven't made the same mistake since. That's how we learn I guess. ;)

Offline LikeASong

• Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »
I recorded a show as MP3 on my R05 once. Really sucks. I was recording some demos on my Martin real fast to send someone late at night, set it to MP3 and did not change it back. I never checked it before recording the show cause I usually never record to MP3, but that time it got me lol. Haven't made the same mistake since. That's how we learn I guess. ;)

It has happened to me too, exactly for the same reason - recording an idea for a song in mp3 to be sent by email and then not remembering to change it back to WAV for the next day concert, then get home with a fantastic pull ... in mp3 ¬¬
-U2

-Aldous Huxley

Offline Frequincy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I Am The Last Dinosaur
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 05:02:09 PM »
It's heartbreaking lol, but like I said, never again.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 07:12:14 PM »
Thats why yinz people need to record in WAV ALWAYS, and then make the mp3 from Traders Little Helper ;) Ive learned by trial and error since 1994. Im def getting better and more consistent as time goes by tho. I still make small mistakes tho ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 11:23:14 PM »
I use my recorder for interviews in my day job, and set it to mp3 for that, but I always check to make sure the settings are correct before heading out to a show. Until one night three weeks ago, when I learned a valuable lesson: It's really best to check the settings on the recorder you're bringing to the show, not the backup one you're leaving at home.

Offline LikeASong

• Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 05:02:21 AM »
I use my recorder for interviews in my day job, and set it to mp3 for that, but I always check to make sure the settings are correct before heading out to a show. Until one night three weeks ago, when I learned a valuable lesson: It's really best to check the settings on the recorder you're bringing to the show, not the backup one you're leaving at home.

hahaha lol, I can imagine the scene. Turn on the recorder, check it's set to record in WAV 24/44, check out/change batteries, make sure everything's fine... And then open the drawer and leave it there ;D :P
-U2

-Aldous Huxley

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com