Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-60D & Mix Pre D //BMCC  (Read 3025 times)

Offline swaneon

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Tascam DR-60D & Mix Pre D //BMCC
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:47:46 AM »
here are some pics of my recently arrived tascam
Testing phantom power and pre amp.

things to note:
the xlr inputs are extremely strong--not TOO difficult but force is required after pushing the clip down to pull the XLR off

Using an NTG3 +48v on the tascam with 4x fresh eneloop 2000mah at 24 bit, 48k i had about 3 hours and ~5 minutes before it died.

I have a sampling between the mix pre d into the recorder and without it if you guys want to listen, though there is a computer in the background and its pretty rough. Still it does paint a pretty clear indication of the tascam's preamp vs the  Mix PD

Offline trenino3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Tascam DR-60D & Mix Pre D //BMCC
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »
Hi Swaneon, I've been trying to write to you for days since I saw your post at the red user forum but its moderators have probably gone for vacation... really pathetic.. anyway.

I am looking to buy a quality audio recorder and I see that you have all the equipment I want to buy!! :)  I was initialy drawn to the dr-60d, then to the roland r26 and later to the Marantz pmd661. From your pics I see that you actually own a 661 + the mixpreD, so I am wondering why did you buy the tascam?

Now that you have both the 661 and the dr-60d, which unit do you prefer ?  Would love to hear your advice. I've red millions of posts but still cannot decide between the 3 recorders. Perhaps I slowly start to make my mind towards the tascam, although the only thing I find very very frustrating is the decision to put this digital knobs instead of real potentiometers. WTF did they do that?

many thanks

p.s. by the way I cannot understand much from your recordings, as the computer fan is very noticable.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:47:48 AM by trenino3 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com