Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sony vegas  (Read 2715 times)

Offline masterplan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
sony vegas
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:20:47 AM »
I am running sony vegas pro 10 on my pc for audio and dvd editing , never had  problems with it , until now   >:(
Did some multicam edting before , but now vegas freezes during multicamming , I am mixing 4 hd sources ( did it before with no problems )  and after a few seconds of editing vegas freezes and I have to shutdown the program with all data lost .........
It looks like a data writing problem , or video card problem  :-\  ?? !!
I have no clue whats going on , because program worked very well before . On other forums where others with the same problem , they said it's a vegas problem , but I could not find a propper solution for it  .
any feedback is welcome  , maybe install vegas again ?

thanx
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:21:45 AM by masterplan »

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: sony vegas
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »
Try using different sources. Preferably a source that worked before.

Freezing can be caused by hard drive issues. Maybe your video is written to a bad part of the drive.

No idea if that is the cause, but it might be.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Online beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:11:17 PM »
You can try defragmenting your drives where your video files are located.

And you should be hitting SAVE after any important change you have made in Vegas or you are asking for trouble the only reason you have all data lost is if you never used SAVE in Vegas.But yes Vegas does crash all the time ,best to try to get an earlier version such as Vegas 9.0E or a Version of 8.Are you using DSLR footage or what is it?

Offline masterplan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 07:06:44 AM »
I run a i7 , 8gb workmemory and two hd's , both 1 TB  and a 1,5 TB external hd ..... 
footage , in multicam is : 3 mts.ts video files an 1 AVCHD -video , and two hd audio sources

Offline shownomarcy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Hungarian Metallica fanclub!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »
I use Vegas 10 on win 7 (both 64 bit). Didn't had that problem. But if no other solution and worked well earlier, I would reinstall Vegas.
Maybe you could try if the same problem comes with other videos with a clear, new project? That could ensure if really vegas has error.

I had some problem with vegas in an older windows (lots of videos inserted) and I couldn't render the videos... I saved the project with new name and than I could make it, but that was probably windows problem.
AT853uw mics / ca-14 (omni/card)+ ca-9200 preamp
Edirol R-09HR / Tascam DR-2d
Canon Legria HF S20

Have you taped any Hungarian band? Please contact me! :)
http://www.youtube.com/shownomarcy
https://soundcloud.com/m-rton-sebesty-n-shownomarcy
http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=397210
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/member.php?u=120801

Offline masterplan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 05:10:04 AM »
why is a perfectly working program ( Sony Vegas 10 ) , all of a sudden not working anymore ...... I don't get it  , it gives me all sorts of problems  ???
It started with freezing while multicamming and now I can't even render a movie anymore , vegas crashes  all the time 
Let's see if Vegas 12 works on my pc ..........................

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 10:33:55 AM »
why is a perfectly working program ( Sony Vegas 10 ) , all of a sudden not working anymore ...... I don't get it  , it gives me all sorts of problems  ???
It started with freezing while multicamming and now I can't even render a movie anymore , vegas crashes  all the time 
Let's see if Vegas 12 works on my pc ..........................

When I run into problems like this and can't seem to figure out what is wrong, I have found the EASIEST/QUICKEST solution is to re-install the OS. Yes it's a PITA, but 99% of the time it fixes everything.

I'm having an issue now with my OS (just upgraded to the new Ubuntu)...and it fubar'd everything. I have no idea what is wrong. My desktop just suddenly disappears and I get random crashes. Who the heck knows what is wrong. I'm going to re-install the OS on my next day off from work. I don't want to because I'm going to have to re-install all of my programs and set up my computer from scratch. It will probably take me a few hours...but that is WAY easier and faster than doing all the research and correcting everything (if I can even find a solution).
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline masterplan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 09:44:34 AM »
Guess my pc can't handle all those HD cams ( 4 in multicam )  >:(

Offline Phil Zone

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 09:41:30 PM »
I have used Vegas for video a lot, and I have had issues but mostly I think it's because some computers just can't handle the program, wether its the ram hard drive or video card, or I guess processor to it just doesn't have enough power to get it done.

But it may be installed incorrectly something may have corrupted along the install, so that can't hurt
Microphones: AKG 460B, 480B, Naiant Actives,CK1,CK61,CK62,CK63, CK69, Busman BSC-1, CA-14
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: Zoom F6, Tascam DR-05

LMA Shows: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Cam%20Keough%22&sort=-date

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com