Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Re-terminating 2 x single DPA 4061's to 1/8" stereo miniplug  (Read 1937 times)

Offline yates7592

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
I have just bought 2 x second hand DPA 4061's off Ebay. Condition looks quite good for ex-theatre mics and quick recording test didn't throw up any obvious noise issues etc.  Serial numbers are v. close (R127381 and R127383). Hoping to make a good pair out of these. They are currently each terminated with "sennheiser evolution locking jack connector" but I want to chop and re-terminate to a single stereo miniplug.

Can anyone explain the wiring procedure for this, including do's and don't's? (I searched and surprisingly couldn't find anything).

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Whats next?
Re: Re-terminating 2 x single DPA 4061's to 1/8" stereo miniplug
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »
I have just bought 2 x second hand DPA 4061's off Ebay. Condition looks quite good for ex-theatre mics and quick recording test didn't throw up any obvious noise issues etc.  Serial numbers are v. close (R127381 and R127383). Hoping to make a good pair out of these. They are currently each terminated with "sennheiser evolution locking jack connector" but I want to chop and re-terminate to a single stereo miniplug.

Can anyone explain the wiring procedure for this, including do's and don't's? (I searched and surprisingly couldn't find anything).

Dpa's are 2 wire mics, so its very straight forward, shields twisted together and each lead to a channel, the wire is small so its a bit tricky, just take your time. I have rewired many for people if you don't want to tackle it yourself.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »

With these mics you want to clear up all the kevlar threads and make sure they are not being soldered into the shield. You want to make sure you use atleast two layers of heatshrink over the wires that go into the crimp of the connector. If not the connection will fail sooner or later.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline yates7592

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys, very useful.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com