Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio mastering help...  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Insectwarfare

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Audio mastering help...
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:31:20 PM »
I have been taping live audio for a few years now, and I know very little about mastering my audios. This latest show was taped from the side of the venue, and could use some tweaks as the drums and vocals are higher than the guitar in the mix. I was also wanting to enhance the bass a little. How should I go about this? Does dithering help with anything?

I am using adobe audition cs6, my files are recorded in 24 bit 96000 mode.

Here are 3 samples (1 from each band)

http://speedy.sh/t7t7D/samples.rar

edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention... The samples are death metal bands. I apologize in advance to your ears.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:15:25 PM by Insectwarfare »

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audio mastering help...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 05:46:13 PM »
not gonna listen right now cause I'm out the door, but using a limiter might help level out the peaky drums & vocals and let you bring up the level of the guitars. Dithering can't make it better, it can only squeeze it into a lower-quality file.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Insectwarfare

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »
Thanks for the info, but I looked through some mastering pdf's and made a nice sounding mix.

cashandkerouac

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »
i use Audition 5.5 and love it.  in my experience there's only so much that you can do with a recording before it starts to sound over-processed.  i used to try and "save" recordings that were recorded in bad locations through the post-productions process, but soon realized that it was a lot of work for not a lot of reward.  if i get stuck in a bad seat and still plan to record the show i mainly do it for historical documentation.     

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com