Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best "tie clip" microphone for Tascam DR-2d  (Read 1490 times)

Offline one8ung

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Best "tie clip" microphone for Tascam DR-2d
« on: September 14, 2013, 05:07:15 AM »
Can anyone advice me a pair of microphones for the Tascam DR-2d?

Thanks!
Mics: DPA 4061

Power: CA-UBB - SP-SPSB-10 (9V)

Recorders: Tascam DR-2d (4x)

Offline LikeASong

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
Re: Best "tie clip" microphone for Tascam DR-2d
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
The CA-14s (both in omnidirectional and cardiod patterns) are highly regarded as some of the best bang-for-the-buck microphones you can get. The guy who makes them is active on this forum and can answer any and all of your questions within a few hours. I can vouch for him and his mics for I have owned a few pairs and they've never disappointed me and many other (more experienced) tapers.

If you aren't keen on rough, handmade material (even knowing its high quality), I can also vouch for the AT-943s. They're excellent for the price, super small and high quality in all terms.

By the way, you'll probably also need something to power your microphones. Power modules are available in many formats although battery boxes and preamps are the most usual. The guy who makes the CA mics also makes some excellent and cheap preamps and bboxes. When you make your mind on the mics, we can point you forward to a certain powering option.
The worst things in the world are justified by belief.
-U2

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Best "tie clip" microphone for Tascam DR-2d
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »
Depending on your plans, the CA-14 and an "ugly" battery box are the smallest two pieces you can get.  I'd sooner get the CA-14 cards over the AT943's (I've always found they're a little on the thin-sounding side).  If you're going to look at Audio Technica mics, make sure they've got Chris' 4.7k mod done to them otherwise you could run into brickwalling (distortion).  If you buy the CA-14's and battery box from Chris direct, you'll be fine.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.153 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com