Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shure E3c or Etymotic ER-6?  (Read 5056 times)

Offline drumminj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • my photos
Re:Shure E3c or Etymotic ER-6?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2004, 12:02:12 PM »
Got my e3c's yesterday.  Like 'em, I think.  Out of my iPod, I find that snare drums sound kind of off.  Need to test that a little more. MP3s at VBR96-256 sound pretty good - can't obviously *hear* that they're mp3s.

I get the faint hiss from the iPod as well.  However, my powerbook is completely silent.  Gotta love sitting at work in an open room and not hear the typing, monitor buzz, or any of the arguing going on around me.

Page, are you using the triple-flange sleeves with the Ety's?  How do they compare to the others?

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2004, 01:25:30 PM »
I get the faint hiss from the iPod as well.  However, my powerbook is completely silent.  Gotta love sitting at work in an open room and not hear the typing, monitor buzz, or any of the arguing going on around me.

Page, are you using the triple-flange sleeves with the Ety's?  How do they compare to the others?

Double flange, but yes, I'm using those over the foam ones which I cant get into my ear. So atleast I'm not the only one who hears things with the power/noise, thought I was going mad there for a minute. I'm seriously debating a headamp so I can get the music out of the noise floor and then reduced to where I can listen to it. If that doesnt make sense, its cause I just got up.... ;-p
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2004, 01:20:51 PM »
From techbargains.com, dunno if it's a deal or not:

Shure E3C Headphone Sale, Apr 8
Macresq has the Shure E3C Earphones Normally $179.99, take $20 off with Q-Pon code "X3C" Exp 4/15

Link
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2004, 01:41:05 PM »
I was just about to post that link.  +t ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline drumminj

• Taperssection Member
    • my photos
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »
I got $25 off from the earplugstore.com.  You have to email them for the special (they can't advertise lower than $179 I think), but it was $154 + 7.50 shipping, or something like that.

J

From techbargains.com, dunno if it's a deal or not:

Shure E3C Headphone Sale, Apr 8
Macresq has the Shure E3C Earphones Normally $179.99, take $20 off with Q-Pon code "X3C" Exp 4/15

Link

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com