Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shure E2c/E2 VS. Etymotic Er-6  (Read 2080 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
Shure E2c/E2 VS. Etymotic Er-6
« on: May 24, 2004, 04:37:49 PM »
Im a bit poor but I want some inner ear isolation headphones. These are the two with the best reviews in my price range, but those reviews are not doen using live recordings as a reference. I was wondering what you all think. Any suggestions other than those two are welcome as long as they are inner ear options. Thanks for your responses.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline drumminj

• Taperssection Member
    • my photos
Re:Shure E2c/E2 VS. Etymotic Er-6
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 05:24:21 PM »
There was another thread about this in 'Ask the Tapers' not too long ago.   Search might turn it up.

I have the Shure e3c's.  Was just thinking how much I love 'em.  At first they seemed lacking in the low end, but it's just that they're really precise, tight, and the bass isn't accentuated.

J

Offline phatdats

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • phatdats.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 01:13:36 AM »
I have the original e1's, e2's and i just got the e3's made into custom molds... imho, the e3 is the best bang for your buck by far!!!  if you can afford it, get molds made (mine cost $90)   it makes a hell of a difference..
mg300>v2>minime>r4

steve@phatdats.com
www.phatdats.com

Offline drumminj

• Taperssection Member
    • my photos
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 12:42:50 PM »
how do you feel the molds compare to the foam thingies?  None of the rubber sleeves fit me well, but the foam seems quite comfortable, and gives a good seal.

J

Offline SPLASTiK

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 01:54:01 PM »
Best Headphone Website EVER

http://www.head-fi.org

These guys are crazy Audiophiles who are obbessed with Headphones. some even spend $2000+ a year trying out the lastest and greatest headphones and replacement cables

I've seen tons of reviews on both headphones there and I'm sure there are some comparisons between the canal phones.

Offline phatdats

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • phatdats.com
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 06:44:25 PM »
how do you feel the molds compare to the foam thingies?  None of the rubber sleeves fit me well, but the foam seems quite comfortable, and gives a good seal.

J

the molds are very comfortable.  the thing i hate about the foam seals is that when they expand, they get uncomfortable (for me atleast) after an hour or so...  the molds fit inyour ear snugly, but after a few minutes you forget they are in....
mg300>v2>minime>r4

steve@phatdats.com
www.phatdats.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.201 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com