Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Hey guys, remember me?  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Rich.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Leeds, England.
Hey guys, remember me?
« on: June 09, 2004, 03:44:11 PM »
First of all I want to thank all you guys for helping me get together my shit. Was all much appreciated.

I taped my first show on sunday :D (Incubus 6/6 - Metro Radio Arena - Newcastle UK), it came out much better than I ever expected although far from perfect!! Im chuffed with the recording and cant wait to start taping more and improve my recordings.

Im stuck with the show on my minidisc at the moment and is gonna be tricky getting into my pc, any suggestions?

Also I still havent bought a mp3 player yet and I dont really want the jb3! Does anybody else know any differnt ones.

There is this one i found: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5703664701&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Any suggestions?

And also iRiver are bringing out a new one soon, surely the 70min recording time will have been lifted from it! If there is no problems with the new iriver im pretty set on it: http://www.misticriver.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2018

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Hey guys, remember me?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 12:30:55 AM »
you can transfer the data from your MD buy running line-out of the MD to line-in on your computer.

I am using a Neuros HD for recording http://www.neurosaudio.com/store/prod_neuros.asp

records over 6.5 hours

Offline Rich.

• Taperssection Regular
  • Leeds, England.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 06:29:06 AM »
you can transfer the data from your MD buy running line-out of the MD to line-in on your computer.

I am using a Neuros HD for recording http://www.neurosaudio.com/store/prod_neuros.asp

records over 6.5 hours

Damn, neither my pc or minidisc has them. I can get acsess to a pc with line in though.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 06:45:16 AM »

records over 6.5 hours

Damn, neither my pc or minidisc has them. I can get acsess to a pc with line in though.

you don't have a headphone jack?  most of the MDs have headphone/line-out combo jacks.  Otherwise, you can get an old MD Home deck that will have RCA and optical outs.

Offline Rich.

• Taperssection Regular
  • Leeds, England.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 08:59:58 AM »
I do have a line in on my comp, im just pc dumb! I have a headphone socket on my minidisk player; obviously, but I don’t know whether it’s a line out as well? The model number is mzr410 could anyone find out?

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 10:23:57 AM »
I do have a line in on my comp, im just pc dumb! I have a headphone socket on my minidisk player; obviously, but I don’t know whether it’s a line out as well? The model number is mzr410 could anyone find out?
no line-out according to minidisc.org (I guess sony stopped putting that feature in their prtables) however, you can always get a MD home deck with analog and digital outs.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 10:38:37 AM »
Also I still havent bought a mp3 player yet and I dont really want the jb3! Does anybody else know any differnt ones.

Tell me again...Why wouldn't you want a JB3 when EVERYONE agree's it's the best for recording shows? You got something against Creative? I friggin' hate that company. Everything else they make is a POS, but I love my JB3!

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 11:42:41 AM »
Fatah, probably it's unweildly size for stuffing down your pants. ;D

I love mine too but would hate to try and be stealthy with it, and convincing the bouncer it's a CD player doesn't always work.
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline Rich.

• Taperssection Regular
  • Leeds, England.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 12:53:40 PM »
Fatah, probably it's unweildly size for stuffing down your pants. ;D

I love mine too but would hate to try and be stealthy with it, and convincing the bouncer it's a CD player doesn't always work.

Thats one of the reasons, the size! I may get a jb3 when I have a job but at the moment im a poor-ish student so i want a decent player (40gb) that can record aswell.

Does the jb3 just record to wav and mp3?

Ohh by the way, ive linked my MD to my pc now, just gonna try rip it with sound forge, can anyone help me use this? Seems quite tricky!

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 03:41:03 PM »
RECORD, THEN ENTER IN THE LENGTH

Offline Tony B

• Needs more sun.
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 12:09:43 PM »
Does the jb3 just record to wav and mp3?

Yes. For non-stealthing applications, it's the SHIT.
Coffee is for Closers

MG m200>AM Hyperconducters>V3>JayBeeThree/h120

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com