Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: First Setup Help - Need you to look at my setup  (Read 1269 times)

Offline pearl051

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
First Setup Help - Need you to look at my setup
« on: July 13, 2004, 10:10:32 PM »
I am jumping in :) I don't need to be stealth at the moment and i am starting with recording in our community hall. I currently have:

Mackie 1202VLZ
Audiotechnica AT859QMLX Microphones - http://www.audio-technica.com/prodpro/profiles/AT859QMLx.html

I am going to buy a JB3, my question is that what other hardware i need in my setup.

Audiotechnica AT859QMLX >> Mackie 1202VLZ >> JB3

I am willing to buy any extra hardware before or after the Mackie in the line which will improve sound quality. Or is the Macie in the centre enough?

I have read the "Newbie Central: Where do I start?!?" thread, i am worried about the ADC part as i don't have any equipment that does that, what should i buy? Or the JB3 has built-in ADC which will convert the analog signal, if yes then how good it is?

I don't have problems with buying equipment other than the JB3, please suggest anything that improves sound quality other than new  mixer or new mics  :P

Thanks.  ;)
"High as a Kite"

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: First Setup Help - Need you to look at my setup
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 10:25:59 PM »
I'd start with the JB3's internal ADC and see how you like it.  For that matter, just start with all the gear you listed.  After you record and listen critically for a while, you can decide if you're happy with your recordings - and if you're not, identify potential upgrade paths based on the sonic characteristics you want to improve or remove.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline pearl051

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: First Setup Help - Need you to look at my setup
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 10:50:01 PM »
Thanks Brian. You are right, time to buy a JB3 and get started.
"High as a Kite"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com