Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Clamp help....  (Read 1599 times)

Offline kevin p

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Clamp help....
« on: August 14, 2004, 01:22:04 AM »
I lost my clamp. I don't know how, but it's dissapeared. It was a generic clamp, I used parts from a  K&M T-bar as an extension and it worked quite well, but alas it's gone missing. So I want to buy a Bogen Super Clamp and extension bar. I ask to those of you that use the Bogen, what exactly do I need in way of extras to max it's versatility? The extension bar, yes..... but what else? As in the way of thread adapters, right angle adapters, boom arms etc... Any help is greatly appreciated! I use a the Shure vert bar.....
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 01:23:40 AM by kevin p »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Clamp help....
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 07:34:01 AM »
I find the Superclamp + an 18" gooseneck extension works wonders for me in just about every situation.  If you're looking to clamp onto mic stands, though, I'd pick up a small generic mic clamp at your local music gear store.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 10:06:46 PM »
I love the Bogen Superclamp. I've had mine for over 5 years and its very versitle. I know if some clampers ask me if the can clamp on to my mic stand, the nod will always go to the rubber padded superclamps.

Offline kevin p

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 01:18:45 AM »
I find the Superclamp + an 18" gooseneck extension works wonders for me in just about every situation.  If you're looking to clamp onto mic stands, though, I'd pick up a small generic mic clamp at your local music gear store.

Brian,

I have tried a few www's looking for an 18" gooseneck adapter to the Bogen clamp with no luck. Can you point me to a retailer?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 01:25:42 AM »
I have tried a few www's looking for an 18" gooseneck adapter to the Bogen clamp with no luck. Can you point me to a retailer?

My SuperClamp came with a short male stud to which one attaches things - one end slots into the clamp and locks in place, the other end has a 3/8" male thread.  I use a 3/8" female > 5/8"-27 male thread adapter and then add the 18" gooseneck which has a female 5/8"-27 on one side and male on the other .  I found the gooseneck at a local musicians' gear store and bet you'll find one locally, too, they're very common.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com