Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: Nero help  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
ISO: Nero help
« on: August 26, 2004, 06:11:56 PM »
I use Nero to burn disks.  Or I should say I used to.  Tried to open it up to burn disks today, got a brief hourglass thingy, then nothing (MicroShit Wincrap 2000).  Tried lots of ways to get the program to work, and it wouldn't.  Restarted the machine, still nothing.  Removed the s/w from my machine then reloaded the program from the original Nero disk (came with my CDR drive)--still no dice.  That's about it for my knowledge on working on bill gates' piece of shit operating system.  Any ideas on why the Nero program refuses to load?
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: ISO: Nero help
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 06:18:14 PM »
I had this same problem one time and I had to do the CTRL+ALT+DEL function, get to the task manager window, and lookied at the "processes" tab, and saw a nero.exe process running, even though it was never loading.  I cancelled it there, and restarted it and it worked fine since...hope that helps.

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 10:57:19 AM »
Thanks Nick, you might be on to something.  The nero.exe shows itself to be running under the Processes tab though the program doesn't load, but I cannot end the process.  Each time I try I get an error message saying "access denied".  Anyone know how to get the right access and shut this process down?

Also, in probably a related event, since this has been happening, I can no longer shut down my machine or restart.  When I try, the machine gets to a point with a light blue screen and a dialog box saying "windows is shutting down" and then it locks up (sometimes it gets to the point where the dialog box disappears and locks up with just the blank light blue screen).  At this point there is no way to get it to turn off short of unplugging it.  Any ideas on what causes this and if fixing it will fix my Nero problems?  Or if fixing my Nero problems will fix this?
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »
I would try to unplug it from the wall, leave it that way for some time period, and see if it "resets" itself.  Not really technical I know....

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 11:37:54 AM »
Todd -- how long since you reformatted your hard drive and started from scratch? 

NOT the ideal easy solution, but if it's been a few years, probably a good thing to do (and would almost definitely solve your problem)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com