Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How do ya set the levels for a SUV-1 ???  (Read 1172 times)

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
How do ya set the levels for a SUV-1 ???
« on: September 30, 2004, 12:48:08 PM »
I was wonderin' what is the best way to calibrate my SVU-1 for my UA-5>NJB3 !!!! Please help, because the only thing I figured out was if I turn my left and right inputs all the way to the left (counterclockwise) they should be set at 0db.My problem w/ this is the noise level the distance my mics are from the sound source.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
Re: How do ya set the levels for a SUV-1 ???
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 01:56:58 PM »
Here's how I did mine.  Created 10-15 mins of a middle c tone in SF and burned that to a cd.  Threw that in the home stereo.  Set up my mics directly in front of the speakers..almost touching.  Turned down one channel all the way.  Turned up the othe channel until the peak light on the UA-5(-3db) just barely began flickering.  I then calibrated the same channel on the SVU-1 to where the first red light was also about half way on.  So I know that hitting the first red light on the SVU-1 is fine but both would be very close, if not, clipping.

You of course can decide for your self what lights on the SVU-1 you want to corelate to the UA-5 light.  Then switch up an do the same procedre for the opposite channel.

-Kevin

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com