Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: laptop recording changes speed and pitch....  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
laptop recording changes speed and pitch....
« on: November 04, 2004, 01:49:50 AM »
Ok, so I was recording a show with the following

MK012's > M-Audio Mobile Pre > Fujitsu Laptop > Soundforge

During the show I remembered that I neglected to empty the trashcan, so I just opened up the recycle bin while recording and emptied it.  I've done this several times before while recording and it never posed a problem.  Until recently though, I ran a UA5 instead of a Mobile-Pre, but then some girl killed the UA5.

When I emptied the trash, it caused Soundforge to record everything in like double-time or something.  Below is a link to the song as everything changes.  What's the best way to fix this to make the recording sound normal again?  I tried time-stretch in soundforge but it seemed to distort it rather than fix it.  I then tried some settings in cool edit, but it just didn't sound like it should have.

Also, has this ever happened to anyone before?  Could it be the way the M-Audio driver works that caused this error?  Like I said, on numerous occasions I've forgotten to empty the recycle bin, and just opened it while recording and deleted everything, and it never caused a problem.

Wav illustrating before and after problem (6.5mb)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
Re: laptop recording changes speed and pitch....
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 02:18:42 PM »
might want to try repeating the problem on a test run at home, see if it happens again. If it does, you know to make sure to empty the recycle bin in advance next time.

Sorry, can't really help on how to fix the file.

Take care,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com