Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio FW Audiophile users, settings question  (Read 3028 times)

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
M-Audio FW Audiophile users, settings question
« on: November 07, 2004, 09:09:36 PM »
ok, so when my PCI Audiophile died the other week I got the FW Audiophile.
I can play dats through it just fine but neither SF7 or Wavelab5 can 'record' from it in either WDM or ASIO mode. the programs just don't see the s/pdif port as valid source.

I've triedl 3 drivers I found for the FW Audiophile, same result.

what settings am I missing?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 10:09:58 PM by luvean »

the water's clean and innocent

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: M-Audio FW Audiophile users, settings question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 03:55:30 PM »
Where are you looking to change the setttings to S/PDIF, in your hardware or on the driver control panel? 

I am not familiar with the audiophile, but I have a f410.  There is a setting to change the input source under the 'hardware' tab and that usually works well for me.  None of my PC's has EVER let me run any of the ASIO or WDM options either.  I have always just chosen the S/PDIF option in the pulldown box in Wavelab and it records just fine.

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 04:53:42 PM »
I have always just chosen the S/PDIF option in the pulldown box in Wavelab and it records just fine.
that is using the WDM mode of the driver(default)

my problem is not being given the s/pdif option in Wavelab or Soundforge, just 1/2 and multi...
I can play/monitor dats over s/pdif fine through the m-audio control panel.

I've had a few email convos with m-audio and they say that wavelab not seeing the s/pdif port through ASIO is a wavelab bug...that I can understand as other people have reported ASIO problems with Wavelab as well, but not having the s/pdif option in WDM mode makes me think I have a bad FW Audiophile...

silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 05:03:37 PM »
I had a similar problem.

Open up the control panel. There's an icon in the lower right hand screen. double click on that to open up the maudiocontrol panel. If memory is correct, select s/pdif and mute the other jacks not being used. I think that did the trick for me.

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 06:31:39 PM »
I had a similar problem.

Open up the control panel. There's an icon in the lower right hand screen. double click on that to open up the maudiocontrol panel. If memory is correct, select s/pdif and mute the other jacks not being used. I think that did the trick for me.

that lets me play the dat/monitor through the control panel(which works fine) but does not give soundforge/wavelab the option for s/pdif as input

silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 03:56:42 AM »
Once your maudio control panel is set then you have to make sure your using the FW410 sound card as your source in wav lab.

Check the recording settings in WavLab to make sure the default is FW410, I had to change mine.

I don't have my lappie with me at the moment but I'll check on it when I get the chance and get back to you unless someone beats me to it.

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 10:13:39 AM »
ok, I think I may be confusing some of you with my problem.

I know how the M-Audio control panel works and how SF/Wavelab's inputs work.
my problem with this FW Audiuophile is that it is not telling SF or Wavelab(or Vegas, CDWave or DP4/OSX for that matter) that it HAS a s/pdif input.
in the above listed apps when you select your input source I only have the options of FW 1/2 or FW Multi.
this is the problem. the M-Audio control panel is set correctly; ie, external clock s/pdif input activated and routed to the 1/2 outs.
I've even tried sending the s/pdif input to the S/W return in an effort to get the signal via the FW Multi option from SF/Wavelab...no dice.

after further discussion with M-Audio, they even believe that I may have a faulty interface.

silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 11:37:26 AM »
did you go to maudio's website for the latest driver? That's probably the first thing I had to update.

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2004, 12:38:09 PM »
did you go to maudio's website for the latest driver? That's probably the first thing I had to update.

I've triedl 3 drivers I found for the FW Audiophile, same result.

;)

silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2004, 05:07:30 PM »
"the M-Audio control panel is set correctly; ie, external clock s/pdif input activated and routed to the 1/2 outs"

I'm not sure what you mean by routed to the 1/2 outs but under my hardware tab from the control panel my S/PDIF input is checked on RCA (not optical) b/c I'm currently using the RCA coaxial in/out from V3 to FW410 and then FW410 firewire to computer.

How exactly is your set up?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com