Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz PMD 660  (Read 94946 times)

Offline pmonk66

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Marantz PMD 660
« Reply #300 on: November 09, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »
Good enough for Lisa G ;D

Offline kd5fyx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #301 on: November 10, 2006, 09:10:49 AM »
If this has already been posted I'm sorry for the repeat.   I was shopping Doug's site and bumped into this addition.  I read this thread pretty often and know quite a few of you bought stock machines from someone else before you discovered Doug Oade's mods.

From Doug's 660 page:
We are now offering our Basic MOD for any machine. This cost 125.00 for each machine with a serial number starting with 200206 (these are the latest rev of 660s) and 100.00 for older, 3 volt rail machines (sold prior to July/August of 2006) plus 25.00 for return shipping and insurance via FedEx ground. Quantity discounts are available. You must obtain an RMA to send in a machine for this service. Our 90 day limited warranty applies only to the parts we install, not for the entire machine. Please understand our MOD voids the warranty from Marantz so we prefer to upgrade machines that are out of warranty.
Please e-mail the Doug Oade. to obtain an RMA number. Turn around time is approximately 10 business days plus shipping time.

All other 660 MODS are available only on machines we sell, sorry but no exceptions

Once again, sorry if this is a repeat.  This thread has gotten a little long to look for things.  You type "Oade mod" into search and you can read a looong time.

Jeff

Offline d5

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2006, 01:47:01 AM »
I'm using the red & blue san disk 4 GB and it has the little toggle switch for 2gb or 4 gb. I suppose this was for backward compatibility. anyways... i had problems with my 1st card just about anytime i went above 2gb of record time. I sent the card back for a replacement about a year ago and the new card has work good ever since.
JW mod AKG 460/ck61's > Sound Devices 702

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2006, 01:16:41 PM »
I'm using the red & blue san disk 4 GB and it has the little toggle switch for 2gb or 4 gb. I suppose this was for backward compatibility. anyways... i had problems with my 1st card just about anytime i went above 2gb of record time. I sent the card back for a replacement about a year ago and the new card has work good ever since.

That's interesting, first time I noticed the toggle!  Looks like you can break it down into 2 separate 2GB parts. Interesting.

Those that are returning cards to Sandisk... What's the procedure?
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline d5

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2006, 12:10:07 AM »

That's interesting, first time I noticed the toggle!  Looks like you can break it down into 2 separate 2GB parts. Interesting.

That's exactly what it does. I believe it's for backward compatibility for devices that don't support greater than 2 GB

Those that are returning cards to Sandisk... What's the procedure?

To replace it with another, you have to get a return number. Call their customer service, they were very (surprisingly) helpful.
JW mod AKG 460/ck61's > Sound Devices 702

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
  • Someones got to turn the page....
« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2006, 11:38:31 AM »
Not only is this moded unit everything you need in a feild recorder but it has outstanding customer support from Oade Brothers.  Anyone looking to get into recording shows this is your best bet.  Whats my 2 cents worth?       
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 11:40:37 AM by Bloomer »
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline oceanman

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Out on the road late at night
« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2006, 10:39:51 PM »
Hello all,I'm new to this site and new to field recording.I got turned on to this great site from a thread I started on Wilco's forum site.Anodyne33 sent me to the dark side,thanks again buddy.I've been here every day for about three weeks now trying to get as much info as I could before posting,newbie questions can be anoying I'm sure!So I'm pretty damn sure the 660 is the direction I wan't to go in,depending the answers I get.First of all I wan't an oade mod,which one,I'm not sure.My question is which mod should I go with to avoid purchasing a pre amp?I'm going with an open rig but still wan't to keep things rather simple and light weight.Is this a good choice for a newbie?

Thanks yal,Ryan
God and Woody Guthrie,you'll find em both in Grand Canyon at sundown.

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2006, 11:50:26 PM »
Hello all,I'm new to this site and new to field recording.I got turned on to this great site from a thread I started on Wilco's forum site.Anodyne33 sent me to the dark side,thanks again buddy.I've been here every day for about three weeks now trying to get as much info as I could before posting,newbie questions can be anoying I'm sure!So I'm pretty damn sure the 660 is the direction I wan't to go in,depending the answers I get.First of all I wan't an oade mod,which one,I'm not sure.My question is which mod should I go with to avoid purchasing a pre amp?I'm going with an open rig but still wan't to keep things rather simple and light weight.Is this a good choice for a newbie?

Thanks yal,Ryan

if you are taping loud music, the Advanced Concert Mod is worth every penny.
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline oceanman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »
Does the advanced mod still need a mic pre infront of it ,or can it handle on it's own?

Offline aberg

• Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2006, 11:08:50 AM »
Does the advanced mod still need a mic pre infront of it ,or can it handle on it's own?

It's an all-in-one unit... great sounding pres in that box... I couldn't recommend it more.

Offline oceanman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2006, 11:32:46 AM »
Hey berg,not to be nosey but I think I saw your yard sale deal,which was a steal,but why did you sell yours?

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »
Hey berg,not to be nosey but I think I saw your yard sale deal,which was a steal,but why did you sell yours?

I wanted a macbook since I don't tape that often. Figured I could still afford a decent rig and have the macbook as well so I downgraded a little bit. I love the acm 660 though, and if I get a windfall in the future, I will probably get back into the game, maybe with an acm 671 or something -- or optimod v3... who knows. In any case, you can't go wrong with the acm 660. I made nothing but great recordings with it.

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #312 on: December 02, 2006, 02:23:29 PM »
.... Lexar + WCM660 = :headphones:
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline Corbin

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #313 on: December 11, 2006, 01:39:11 PM »
about to purchase some batteries for my 660...

I was thinking about picking up Energizers and just wanted to ask if anyone  had any trouble with this brand?  I know the 660 can be a bit fickle about the battery contacts...

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #314 on: December 11, 2006, 07:39:55 PM »
about to purchase some batteries for my 660...

I was thinking about picking up Energizers and just wanted to ask if anyone  had any trouble with this brand?  I know the 660 can be a bit fickle about the battery contacts...

i use energizer e2 lithiums. never had an issue with them.
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com