Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Havin a problem with a file extension..help  (Read 2568 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Havin a problem with a file extension..help
« on: April 07, 2005, 07:58:47 PM »
tda-ssf8

THis is the file type im seeing, and dont know what the hell to do with it. Someone said use with winrar, but how??This is a download from another site, but cant use the damn thing. I also need to string the files together I guess??
Ray

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
Re: Havin a problem with a file extension..help
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 08:52:25 PM »
is that the filename (the characters/letters before the period ".") or the extension (the characters/letters after the period ".")?

i just typed that string of letters "tda-ssf8" into google, and it brought up some torrents with the filenames:

tda-ffs8.001
tda-ffs8.002
tda-ffs8.003

if this is the case, WinRAR will likely take care of it, as you have been told.

looks like you need WinRAR 3.50 beta 1 (or later, if there is a later version). then, start up WinRAR, click on OPTIONS > SETTINGS > click on the INTEGRATION tab, and enter "001" under "User defined archive extensions" so that WinRAR will associate with that file type. click OK (until you get back to the main WinRAR window).

then, go to the folder/directory with the files (tda-ffs8), and right-click on the first file (tda-ffs8.001) and click on "Extract Files..." (and there should be a maroon WinRAR-looking icon by that option when you right-click on the .001 file). tell it where you want to extract the file, and WinRAR will "unpack" it all, as it's supposed to be.

no need to "string/sew" together the files beforehand.

let us know if this sorts out the problem.

Ray76

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 08:59:12 PM »
is that the filename (the characters/letters before the period ".") or the extension (the characters/letters after the period ".")?

i just typed that string of letters "tda-ssf8" into google, and it brought up some torrents with the filenames:

tda-ffs8.001
tda-ffs8.002
tda-ffs8.003

When I click on the file, it shows the options to archive and compress, but not to extract.
Perhaps I have an outdated version of winrar.'
Ray
if this is the case, WinRAR will likely take care of it, as you have been told.

looks like you need WinRAR 3.50 beta 1 (or later, if there is a later version). then, start up WinRAR, click on OPTIONS > SETTINGS > click on the INTEGRATION tab, and enter "001" under "User defined archive extensions" so that WinRAR will associate with that file type. click OK (until you get back to the main WinRAR window).

then, go to the folder/directory with the files (tda-ffs8), and right-click on the first file (tda-ffs8.001) and click on "Extract Files..." (and there should be a maroon WinRAR-looking icon by that option when you right-click on the .001 file). tell it where you want to extract the file, and WinRAR will "unpack" it all, as it's supposed to be.

no need to "string/sew" together the files beforehand.

let us know if this sorts out the problem.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 09:27:30 PM »
ray, winrar is just a winace file that is compressed, d/l winace and you should be able to extract it no problemo ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Ray76

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 04:03:33 PM »
ray, winrar is just a winace file that is compressed, d/l winace and you should be able to extract it no problemo ;)

thanks killer. ALl is well now.!
+T ray

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 04:55:27 PM »

FYI, winrar is a seperate proggy, winace just happens to support it. FWIW, I've had some compatibility issues w/ some winrar-created files not decompressing properly in winace and have had to use winrar to get the files to extract properly.

Offline Weazel

• Taperssection Regular
  • sp-cmc-8-> DIY BB -> Iriver IHP120 (rockbox)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 11:45:28 AM »
in winrar double click the first file then the rest willfollow automatic so that would be the .rar or the .001 file.
-[ pop goes the weazel ...]-

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.191 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com