Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: where can I buy a new NJ3 scroll wheel? (i dropped my NJ3 today...)  (Read 1484 times)

Offline ljsurfer2002

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
so i dropped my nomad today at work ... gosh! and it fell directly on the side of the scroll wheel..i didn't notice anything was wrong till i tried to power on with the batteries.. no dice (they were pretty much drained) but even after plugging it into the DC with the batteries in, the symbol came up of an empty batt shell with the lightning bold.. after an hour of this, i couldn't power up... taking the batteries out and putting just the DC in... it booted up like normal, but when i went to scroll down i realized the wheel had been crushed by the 1.5-2 foot fall from my sitting lap to the carpeted office floor...

so looking through both the FAQ's here and at nomadness.. i see instructions on how to clean your wheel if it sticks but not where to get a new one.. looking at it,it seemed to have been pushed off it's track into the gap between the wheel mecahnism and the sidewall.. it's jammed in there and there is a split in the plastic cog ...

i plan on taking it home and opening up the nomad tonight .. but i think i might have a paperweight now... the cog that the wheel touches seems too far set into the machine to operate with a finger without the wheel on there... and i don't know what is up either with the batts not taking power... maybe the plastic piece is pushing the cog and the nj3 isn't responding to other button commands while that one is 'being held down' .. kinda like if you hold down the A key on a keyboard, other keys being pushed will have no effect since the A has priority and is stuck down..

so ... where can i buy a new wheel, besides buying a shit NJ3 off ebay and taking the wheel from there? it sure would suck to have ole' blue taken out of commission for a $0.05 cent plastic wheel that probably cost Creative $0.001 to make..

tyler
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/etree please PM me and/or send an e-mail to us admins at etree(AT)archive(DOT)org and we'll get on it asap

Audio Technica 831 (AT831) > Sound Pro standard batt-box > Nomad Jukebox 3
It's a n00b rig, but I still love it, 5 years later! I have no desire whatsoever to 'upgrade'. I figure it does a good enough job doing the task I want it to do (recording the music) so i'd rather take that $1000 and use it elsewhere... ;)

Offline Low Spark

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: where can I buy a new NJ3 scroll wheel? (i dropped my NJ3 today...)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 03:07:45 PM »
I feel for u. I dropped mine the other nite at a show. It fell 3ft. on the concrete. I got lucky no damage. My heart hit the floor aswell. I have two now but im going to keep my eye out for one that is damaged for parts. good luck and +ts
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 03:08:18 PM »
www.nomadness.net has spare parts.  Check their forums.

Offline jkoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 06:21:11 AM »
yea. mine somehow survived a fall too. it was in my hat along with the mics and battery box the other night. my girl gets scared by a bug and jumps throwing her arm into the hat which made the jb3 fall about 5' onto the concrete. it got some nice scratches but nothing seems to be messed up. lucky i guess. i do have a backup though just in case.
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

Offline ljsurfer2002

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 08:34:20 PM »
for those that cared about my san diego recordings... i dissected the entire unit last night, and got the wheel unjammed from underneith the motherboard... all back to gether okay.. now works like i just put it's leg in a cast and it just got taken off... it is 90% there but not all the cog clicks are able to 'action' or be pressed in to 'select' what is on the screen... but i'm back in business! w00t!
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/etree please PM me and/or send an e-mail to us admins at etree(AT)archive(DOT)org and we'll get on it asap

Audio Technica 831 (AT831) > Sound Pro standard batt-box > Nomad Jukebox 3
It's a n00b rig, but I still love it, 5 years later! I have no desire whatsoever to 'upgrade'. I figure it does a good enough job doing the task I want it to do (recording the music) so i'd rather take that $1000 and use it elsewhere... ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com