Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Apache and PHP  (Read 1605 times)

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Apache and PHP
« on: May 25, 2005, 05:20:02 PM »
Probably wrong forum but what the hell.

Currently i'm running IIS 6 on my server (Win2k3).  There is a PHP script (Gallery) that i'm wanting to use to display some photos that I've taken over the years.  I have a fairly good knowledge of IIS but absolutely none with Apache or PHP.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a good and easy tutorial?

With IIS when you host a site on it you can structure the web page like you would a windows folder.   Here is an example:

C:\ > Website Name > Photos > photoindex.htm     

Is this the same in Apache?

Any and all help is VERY appreciated!

Offline ethan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Go Buffs!
    • COTapers.org
Re: Apache and PHP
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 05:40:35 PM »
Probably wrong forum but what the hell.

Currently i'm running IIS 6 on my server (Win2k3).  There is a PHP script (Gallery) that i'm wanting to use to display some photos that I've taken over the years.  I have a fairly good knowledge of IIS but absolutely none with Apache or PHP.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a good and easy tutorial?

With IIS when you host a site on it you can structure the web page like you would a windows folder.   Here is an example:

C:\ > Website Name > Photos > photoindex.htm     

Is this the same in Apache?

Any and all help is VERY appreciated!

Yes in apache it's called DocumentRoot you'd set the DocumentRoot to be C:\WebsiteName and URLS for photoindex would be http://<hostname>/Photos/photoindex.htm

-e
COtapers.org - "We're higher than your average taper"

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: Apache and PHP
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 05:43:47 PM »

Yes in apache it's called DocumentRoot you'd set the DocumentRoot to be C:\WebsiteName and URLS for photoindex would be http://<hostname>/Photos/photoindex.htm

-e

Thanks for the info! +T   Its funny how one can be so computer litterate about most things and then have something like Apache make me feel so stupid!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com