Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Discwelder questions  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Discwelder questions
« on: May 27, 2005, 02:00:04 AM »
I'm just getting started on the DVD-A thing and I have a few questions. :P

I transfered some 24/96 stuff from my laptop to my desktop and burned a DVD+R using discwelder bronze.  I selected 2 untracked sets, and set it to burn gapless using this DVD recorder- http://www.de.nec.de/productdetail.php/id/1213

Now I have a disc with several types files on the DVD, none of these are .wav files. ???  I'm trying to play this back over my PC, but can't get any of the files to open.  What is wrong with this picture??? 

Thanks!
AKG480->w-UA5->fujitsu lifebook

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Discwelder questions
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:21:57 AM »
Simply put, you need the right software.  The only app. i know of that is capable of dvd-a playback is Intervideo's WinDVD v.6. You can download the demo here: http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVD_Download.jsp .  It's only good for 5 minutes of playback @ a time though.   

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 05:46:13 PM »
OK so people that are using DW succesfully-  what type of files do you see on your DVD after you burn it?  So far noone I know can play this dvd I made.  Any and all info is appreciated ;D
AKG480->w-UA5->fujitsu lifebook

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 05:55:56 PM »
I've never had any problems with the DVD-A's I burn with DW Bronze.  Remember, these are in DVD-A format, so the player must be DVD-A compatible (there's typically a DVD-Audio logo on the front somewhere, or check the manual).  If looking for a new inexpensive player, check out the Pioneer DV588A.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:25:31 PM »
OK so people that are using DW succesfully-  what type of files do you see on your DVD after you burn it? 
Here's a screen grab of the contents of one of mine - all files are in the audio_ts directory
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 07:26:25 PM »
yup, what Craig said.  the DVD-Audio format is less common than DVD-Video, so not all players will play them.  I use discwelder to burn DVD-A discs, so I can play them on my Denon player.  As far as playing DVD-Audio discs from your computer, yeah, you'll have to get some software, but I'm not sure what.  but if you're just planning to play the discs from your computer, why not just burn data DVD's, and play the FLAC or WAV files directly? 

Now I have a disc with several types files on the DVD, none of these are .wav files

.BUP, .IFO, .AOB files, all in the AUDIO_TS folder, right?  that's completely normal for authored DVD-Audio discs.

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 02:40:18 PM »
OK so people that are using DW succesfully-  what type of files do you see on your DVD after you burn it?  So far noone I know can play this dvd I made.  Any and all info is appreciated ;D

You end up with a DVD-A disc. These discs have encoded PCM audio on them. If I stick a DVD-A disc in my computer, I simply see the DVD files, nothing that I can use or play with on the computer. I use the DVD-A discs on my DVD player which can play these types of discs.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 06:29:52 PM »
WinDVD 6 and PowerDVD 6 both play DVD-Audio discs on the puter. What you burned are definitely DVD-Audio discs though and standalone players must be capable of playing them.
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com