Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Soundblaster Audigy 2 Problem  (Read 1619 times)

Offline fishmansvacuum

• thedailyguru.net
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • youtube.com/thedailyguru
    • My Daily Music Blog
Soundblaster Audigy 2 Problem
« on: May 27, 2005, 02:12:52 PM »
so I hooked up my 2nd monitor the other day....now, whenever I try and run multiple programs, I get a high pitched "scream" through the audio ports on my machine and the computer locks up...

any ideas?

I am running win2K pro...soundblaster audigy 2 platinum card...

I've googled all over the place but can't figure the damn thing out...
"Intellectual pursuits for a lot of people are a luxury they can't afford, hence the popularity of mediocre everything." -Henry Rollins

"The strong man who is guilty saves himself at the expense of the innocent who is weak." -Rosseau

Offline fishmansvacuum

• thedailyguru.net
  • Needs to get out more...
  • youtube.com/thedailyguru
    • My Daily Music Blog
Re: Soundblaster Audigy 2 Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 06:14:14 PM »
now I am thinking it might be an IRQ conflict...damn windows2k makes it impossble to change them.,..
"Intellectual pursuits for a lot of people are a luxury they can't afford, hence the popularity of mediocre everything." -Henry Rollins

"The strong man who is guilty saves himself at the expense of the innocent who is weak." -Rosseau

pcmm1

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 07:14:45 PM »
did you find a resolution to this problem? At random times (days at a time), my PC will not 'hear' my soundcard. Maybe the same problem - any suggestions appreciated.

Offline John P

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 07:47:13 PM »
now I am thinking it might be an IRQ conflict...damn windows2k makes it impossble to change them.,..

If it is an IRQ problem (which it may be) you can move the card to another pci slot.  While xp won't let you change IRQ's, moving to another pci slot will force windoze to assign a new number (hopefully lower than 12 or so).  You may already know how to check the current IRQ setting but just incase, or for anyone who wants to know:
start>control panel>system>pick the "hardware" tab>pick the "device manager" button>then expand sound, video, and game controllers to then right click on your card and select properties.  Then select the "resources" tab and you can view the IRQ your card is assigned.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com