Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: setting post-matrix delay in CEP  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
setting post-matrix delay in CEP
« on: June 13, 2005, 03:32:58 PM »
I have a board feed and aud feed (recorded to the same word clock) set up in Cool Edit Pro multi-track. If I wanna add 5 milliseconds of delay (for the 5 feet of distance between mic's and PA), then would I enter 0:00.500 into the offset feature of the board feed? I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know where the place value of milliseconds are. I know 5 ft. of distance is negligible but I need to learn how to do this anyway.

fyi, by right-clicking on the track, then selecting "Waveblock Properties" you have the option of entering an amount to offset the track.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 03:35:12 PM by Chanher »
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: setting post-matrix delay in CEP
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 06:39:28 PM »
1 millisecond = 1/1,000th of a second. So...the millisecond's go in the red location:  HH:MM:SS.SSS
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline Chanher

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 07:05:03 PM »
+T

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 08:57:18 PM »
fyi, by right-clicking on the track, then selecting "Waveblock Properties" you have the option of entering an amount to offset the track.

If you right click on the wave block you can drag it back and forth - IMO that's the best way to go because you can visually align peaks AND listen to it at the same time.  Use the math to get started but align by ear!  Sometimes there are inserts or other processing in the sound system that can add different delays you might not have been factoring in.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline Chanher

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 10:07:42 PM »

If you right click on the wave block you can drag it back and forth - IMO that's the best way to go because you can visually align peaks AND listen to it at the same time.  Use the math to get started but align by ear!  Sometimes there are inserts or other processing in the sound system that can add different delays you might not have been factoring in.

plus sometimes a little delay in the aud feed can have a nice reverb effect, especially if you have a good board mix and you run the aud low in the mix.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.125 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com