Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Windscreen Problem, I thought i figured it out but...  (Read 1944 times)

Offline seekup40

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Windscreen Problem, I thought i figured it out but...
« on: August 09, 2005, 09:02:13 PM »
So I will be taping at the Gorge coming up and I've taped there in the past with my current setup and it was decent but got a lot more wind that I would have liked.

this is a picture of my exact current setup

I then did some research on here and found out that ratdog windscreens work pretty well so I picked up these to just put over my current windscreens.

I went out this evening since a storm was approaching and just recorded both with my current windscreens and with the ratdogs over the top, it sounded like I got the same amount of wind both ways.

Does anyone have any better windscreens that would work with my current setup or know anything that i could do?

Thanks

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Windscreen Problem, I thought i figured it out but...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 10:53:31 PM »
what mics?

and when you say, "the same amount of wind" what exactly do you mean? Are you getting a low-end rumbling? Or is the sound just "swirling" and shifting from the wind?

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline seekup40

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 01:22:57 AM »
at853s > SP-SPSB-6 > AD-20 > Nomad Jukebox 3

I am getting the low end rumbling

Offline seekup40

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 01:51:41 AM »
both of those optioins makes it seem like id have to chang my hold t-bar and shock mounts

Offline Karl

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 02:04:44 PM »
Do a search on this site for 8117.  That is the part number for the large size windscreens for the AT 853.  I have them, and they are good in moderate wind situations, but they still can't handle huge gusts of wind.  Still much much better than the stock windscreens.  I saved a recording by using waves plugins to run a high-pass filter.
My portable rig:

AT853>Zoom F6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com