Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART IV**  (Read 83743 times)

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART IV**
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2005, 01:49:10 AM »
i don't know whats been more hyped, this or the 722.

Well let's hope this doesn't have the problems that the 722 has. :banging head:

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2005, 01:50:42 AM »
yeah - i'm going to be patient and wait a while.  let all of you guys test it out and tell me if i should buy it or not ;D

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2005, 01:55:28 AM »
yeah - i'm going to be patient and wait a while. let all of you guys test it out and tell me if i should buy it or not ;D

same here ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2005, 02:06:21 AM »
yeah - i'm going to be patient and wait a while. let all of you guys test it out and tell me if i should buy it or not ;D

same here ;D

Ditto T+ to team wait it out.

TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2005, 02:09:26 AM »

same here ;D

Ditto T+ to team wait it out.

backatcha!

welcome back home jeff ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2005, 02:26:58 AM »
backatcha.  i figure by the new year 4gb cf cards will be under $150 too, might as well hold out if i can.  i still like my jb3.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2005, 02:57:45 AM »
i don't know whats been more hyped, this or the 722.

Well let's hope this doesn't have the problems that the 722 has. :banging head:

had

Offline Chad817

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2005, 03:16:18 AM »
backatcha.  i figure by the new year 4gb cf cards will be under $150 too, might as well hold out if i can.  i still like my jb3.

agreed.  As much as I'd love a shiny new toy my playback is modest right now anyway, so I wouldn't be doing the 24bit justice.  I figure I'll probably pick one up in a few months and give time for any potential kinks to be worked out.
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2005, 03:37:31 AM »
i think the hype over this is a little greater as it is more accessible to more people...the 7xx series were a little out of the price range for a lot of people, although everyone in the know was wanting them.  now with the microtrack it's way more affordable and providing just the recorder, which we've all wanted since we're all so picky about having separate, individually flavored mics/pre/a-d, so the willingness to adopt an all-in-one is lesser when you have to give up your pre/a-d...not that you have to but to justfiy the cost, perhaps.  with the microtrack, it replaces, at a very reasonable cost, only the recorder part of the equation, preserving the sound we've all worked so hard to obtain.

i'll build a 24-bit playback system when i buy my house (still planning on doing that this year.)  maybe by then the device will be ready to do it (if it's not right out of the box) and i can afford all the extra storage and reap the full benefit through playback.

i've got modest hopes, all i want at first is a solid state, reliable recorder for 16/44.1.  i hope i am not disappointed.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2005, 09:42:45 AM »
For those waiting till they get a better playback system...you'll kick yourself when you went to that one show that was the best the band ever played, or the last, or whatever memorable moment you can think off. Man, if only you had recorded in 24bit and archived till you had the new playback!  ;)  ;D  >:D

And just imagine, you'll have stuff ready to go as soon as the new system is hooked up.

Just playing devil's advocate folks!
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline jbraveman

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2005, 10:05:10 AM »
For those waiting till they get a better playback system...you'll kick yourself when you went to that one show that was the best the band ever played, or the last, or whatever memorable moment you can think off. Man, if only you had recorded in 24bit and archived till you had the new playback!  ;)  ;D  >:D

And just imagine, you'll have stuff ready to go as soon as the new system is hooked up.

Just playing devil's advocate folks!

I agree.  Better to have that show on 24 bit for posterity. 

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2005, 10:21:54 AM »
especially since the media's already paid for. after the show, you're just going to transfer the files and re-format the card anyway.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2005, 10:32:37 AM »
In lieu of the actual hardware, I wish we could have an MT thread that focused on new info/new questions/facts about the product and shipping.. Seems like the generic question of 24 vs. 16 bit has been discussed a zillion times in other threads.  Similarly, the posts asking "what if it is crap" or "I'm waiting" don't seem to add much.  I guess this is just frustration for real info as the date draws nigh..

I asked Frank what the latest was.. He said it is 'shipping to them on Wednesday from M-audio and we should see them on Friday/Monday.'  So I'm expecting to receive one sometime late next week.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2005, 10:46:21 AM »
In lieu of the actual hardware, I wish we could have an MT thread that focused on new info/new questions/facts about the product and shipping..

Well, I don't think there will be much new info till these are in hand. We're keeping the spirit/thread alive so it doesn't get burried. OFOTD has done a great job putting all the facts in the first post of each of the threads. The rest is just a bunch of geeks chatting about a new product. What's wrong with that?

I asked Frank what the latest was.. He said it is 'shipping to them on Wednesday from M-audio and we should see them on Friday/Monday.' So I'm expecting to receive one sometime late next week.

I thought he was supposed to get a direct shipment? Bummer....
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 10:50:13 AM by The Kilted Taper »
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2005, 11:18:50 AM »
Well, I don't think there will be much new info till these are in hand. We're keeping the spirit/thread alive so it doesn't get burried. OFOTD has done a great job putting all the facts in the first post of each of the threads. The rest is just a bunch of geeks chatting about a new product. What's wrong with that?

The naitives are getting real restless.  Yeah I feel like we have touched on damn near every topic on this new machine.  I tried to put as much FACT up on the 1st pages of these threads so that's what we know.  Anything we can do to keep this thread in the forefront in anticipation of next week is cool by me. 

Anyone know what type of plastic these things are made of?   ;D

+T's allround for keeping these threads around this long!   T minus 7 or 8 or 9 days and counting. . . . . . . . . . .

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com