Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack USB recording...  (Read 1705 times)

Offline reesey

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Artist Type
Microtrack USB recording...
« on: September 16, 2005, 01:07:18 PM »
two questions regarding the microtrack usb port.

uno) can you send a signal say straight from a mini me with usb to the micor track or is the usb port on the mt for transfer and power only

duo)  if you can record via usb port, can you use the mini-me's ext power to also power the mt? 

how exciting.  even if no is the response to both.  and if it is, anyone need a mini-me?
mk4>kc5>cmc6xt>sx-m2>mt2496
d{^_^}b
       \~

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
Re: Microtrack USB recording...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 01:39:05 PM »
for numero uno, i doubt the m-track can act as a host to receive data from another usb device. 

numero dos, also probably not because of reasons above.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline chitaper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Taper. Skeptic.
Re: Microtrack USB recording...
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 04:18:41 PM »
From the manual:
The MicroTrack 24/96 will interact with a computer for two purposes. First, the MicroTrack 24/96 will charge its battery with power it
receives from the computer. Second, the contents of the MicroTrack 24/96’s CompactFlash card or Microdrive can be transferred to the
computer. Additionally, files can be uploaded to the MicroTrack 24/96 for use later.

...While the MicroTrack 24/96 can only play and record WAV and MP3 files, you can store any file you wish on the MicroTrack 24/96’s
CompactFlash card or Microdrive. This allows you to use the MicroTrack 24/96 as a portable memory card or hard drive. Any unsupported
files in memory will be hidden from the Files menu when using the MicroTrack 24/96, but they will still be there when the MicroTrack
24/96 is reconnected to a computer.
So it is possible to upload files from a computer, but I doubt that you can from a mini-me.

Mini-me has s/pdif output, why would you dump it just b/c you can't use usb?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com