Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how to get my masters on etree and dimeadozen?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline CTDave

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection All-Star
how to get my masters on etree and dimeadozen?
« on: September 25, 2005, 09:33:35 AM »
Hey Now,

After years of taping analog (23) and DAT (1), I finally picked up a JB3. I have used CDWave to edit tracks of my first attempt at sharing, Del McCoury at Podunk Bluegrass Festival, East Hartford CT, 8-6-2005, and have transferred the tracks, if this is the correct term, into FLAC, and now I would like to get them available online through etree and dimeadozen. Here I am clueless. How can I get started shareing my 20 years of taping with you kind folks? My system is a Dell, about 2 years old with plenty of power and memory. Do I need to pick up software for my next phase of working to get my stuff online? Maybe there is a forum already online that someone can point me tward with a mapway to success? Thanks,

Dave
AKG C480b ck61/ck63 > Bumblebee Miagi-II cables > Grace Lunatec V3 > Edirol R-4

AT853RX > Denecke PS-2 > Denecke AD-20 > JB3

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
Re: how to get my masters on etree and dimeadozen?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 10:15:22 AM »
Hey Now,

After years of taping analog (23) and DAT (1), I finally picked up a JB3. I have used CDWave to edit tracks of my first attempt at sharing, Del McCoury at Podunk Bluegrass Festival, East Hartford CT, 8-6-2005, and have transferred the tracks, if this is the correct term, into FLAC, and now I would like to get them available online through etree and dimeadozen. Here I am clueless. How can I get started shareing my 20 years of taping with you kind folks? My system is a Dell, about 2 years old with plenty of power and memory. Do I need to pick up software for my next phase of working to get my stuff online? Maybe there is a forum already online that someone can point me tward with a mapway to success? Thanks,

Dave

Welcome dave.

You used cdwave to track out the show.  With a JB3, transferring information is not as important as it would be if you transferred your DATs or analog tapes to the computer.  When transferring those to the computer, people like to know how exactly you did it (what player you used, soundcard, etc.)   

I use adobe audition to edit my jb3 recordings... adding a fade in and out at the beginning and end of the show.  I also have used it to boost levels, normalize, etc, as I've only learned cdwav for tracking purposes.  There is other software available, including free ones.  I used cool edit 96 demo for a long time, because it was free and worked well enough for my purposes. 

When sharing on the internet, it's a good ideal to make a md5 checksum.  This is used to confirm that there were no download errors, and to make sure you got the right tracks.  I use md5sum, but there are others out there, that probably work easier.  Flac fingerprints are supposed to do the same thing, but many prefer a md5 file.  I provide both with my recordings.

To put shows on dimeadozen and bt.etree.org, you'll need a program to make the torrent files.  I use maketorrent2.  It's pretty easy to use.   You'll also need a bit torrent client.  If you've downloaded shows from these sites before, you all ready have them.  If not, there's a lot of options available.  I use bit tornado.

Hope this helps.  Post if you have any other questions

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline CTDave

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: how to get my masters on etree and dimeadozen?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 04:04:55 PM »
thanks guys, your the best....this should get me up and running..
 :)
peace,

Dave
AKG C480b ck61/ck63 > Bumblebee Miagi-II cables > Grace Lunatec V3 > Edirol R-4

AT853RX > Denecke PS-2 > Denecke AD-20 > JB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com