Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PCMTool for windows 0.3 (update)  (Read 2483 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
PCMTool for windows 0.3 (update)
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:23:55 PM »
i can't think of a better name. .

It's a plugin based application. I have 2 plugins for it right now: DVD-Audiofile and shntool. both are very early versions

DVD-Audiofile makes dvd-a .iso images.  right now it's just for 1 group, though i'll add support for 9 groups sometime.

shntool plugin does most of the commands so far.
it'll do Join (to flac, wav, shn). 
it'll do Info. 
it'll do Len -regular shntool len plus 2 options i made with xACT for mac: len for the fileset, which will show you the filenames and times only  in track order, and len by disc, which will show filenames and times for each disc, assuming the files are names xxxxd1t01....etc.   You can also type/paste in a tracklisting (one track per line) when doing "len by fileset" or "len by disc" and it'll output a nice tracklisting with filenames, times, total times, in a nice fixed width font for pasting into an info file.
it'll do Fix (to flac, wav, shn).  you can specify the encoding level when encoding to flac.  you can specify if you want md5s made when you fix to shn.  you can specify the shift direction, and whether you want to remove the '-fixed' suffix or not.

-encode/decode flac/shn. 
md5 creation/checking
ffp creation/checking

i'll clean up the interface later on

if you try this out, let me know if stuff doesn't work
http://199.224.117.240/~scb/PCMTool0.3.zip
(updated link)

1. you need a java runtime installed for this to work
2. you can get to the different plugins from the Window menu, under Open Application.  Once a plugin is open, you can get to the different screens from the Open View menu  in the Window menu
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 05:28:32 PM by scott brown »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: PCMTool for windows 0.1
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 09:39:48 PM »
thanks for the edit as I was just gonna ask where to obtain a copy

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:02:44 AM »
thanks for taking the time to put this together for us Windows users :)  I'll give it a try when I get home from work this evening.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:07:14 AM »
i may change the whole plugin model, but i figured i've got 2 applications so why not plug them into a single one

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 06:05:59 PM »
I just used this burn a DVD-Audio disc, of last week's Club d'Elf show, recorded at 24/48.  I used the WAV files, haven't yet tried with the FLAC files.  seems to work great though.

a few feature requests on the DVD side of things:

1 - after the ISO file is created, can you automatically delete the files in the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders?  that would be sweet if you could do it :)

2 - support for 9 groups instead of just one.  at this point, it's the same functionality as DiscWelder Bronze, with just the one.  it would be nice to split it up into groups (maybe a different group per set?)  this isn't really a big deal.

for the SHNtool, it doesn't seem to be working quite right.  I haven't yet tried the "fix" funtion, but I just decided to use the LEN feature to double check a 16/44.1 file set.  it goes real quick, and then a little window pops up that says "SHNtool output" but the window is empty and I can't see any results?

regardless, I really appreciate the time you put into this, and any additional time that you may put into it to improve it.

another thing that I was thinking, is that I have a basic FAQ for 24 bit files and burning options (http://24bit.turtleside.com/), I was thinking I could host your GUI there for people to use to burn DVD-Audio discs.  but before I put it up, maybe you'd prefer for me to wait until it's a little more refined?  or maybe not?  please let me know if you have any preference one way or the other for that.

thanks again,
Jason

Offline scb

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 06:44:02 PM »
9 groups is coming.  i've got it in the mac version.  i'll do it in the win one,  too

and of course shntool didn't work.  i'm an idiot.  i just realized i forgot to package something up.  i'll put a new version (with basic encoding) up in a bit

Offline scb

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 07:41:13 PM »
update. 

-named the shntool plugin xACT since i'm basically porting xACT to windows
-actually included shntool.  yes, that would help..hehe
-a few bug fixes in regards to the interface
-added encoding to shn.  you can create an md5 when encoding to shn, too. 
-added encoding to flac.  if you're trying to encode 88.2, 176.4 or 192, it'll use the --lax option automatically (it'll read the header of the file and figure it out)
--added decoding of shn/flac.  you can drop either kind on it and it'll decode them at the same time

http://199.224.117.240/~scb/PCMTool0.2.zip

still to do: shntool cmp, split, cue, pad.  standalone md5/ffp creation/verification, verification of flac files, tagging of flac files
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 07:46:46 PM by scott brown »

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
Re: PCMTool for windows 0.2 (update)
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 08:34:35 PM »
very cool.

SHNtool is now works, at least the parts I tried out, LEN function on both a set of 16/44.1 FLACs and WAV files, decode from FLAC to WAV.

one thing I noticed in the DVD section is, let's say I grab a bunch of files and put them in the list.  then I hit "clear track list"  the total time doesn't go back to zero, and I also can no longer add any tracks to the window.

I'm sure, at this early stage, there are more funny quirks as well, but overall, it's a great tool.  thanks so much for putting it together.

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 08:49:59 PM »
also, just wanted to add, that I'm now hosting the zip file on my FAQ, and I talk about the program a bit, if there's anything in particular that you'd like me to add, let me know...
http://24bit.turtleside.com/

thanks again.

Offline scb

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 09:46:06 PM »

one thing I noticed in the DVD section is, let's say I grab a bunch of files and put them in the list.  then I hit "clear track list"  the total time doesn't go back to zero, and I also can no longer add any tracks to the window.

I'm sure, at this early stage, there are more funny quirks as well, but overall, it's a great tool.  thanks so much for putting it together.

http://199.224.117.240/~scb/PCMTool0.2.1.zip

fixed that

gotta love doing windows development on my powerbook by VPNing to my work machine :)

Offline scb

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 10:29:29 PM »
also, you can open multiple views and move/rearrange them on the screen anyway you want.  it'll remember where they are when you quit/relaunch

Offline scb

Re: PCMTool for windows 0.3 (update)
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 05:29:24 PM »
http://199.224.117.240/~scb/PCMTool0.3.zip

-added md5 creation and checking
-added ffp file creation and verification of ffp file.  the fingerprint file must be in the same directory as the flac files

i'll add shntool md5 creation/verification next, along with internal flac verification.  those are both very fast

Offline scb

Re: PCMTool for windows 0.3 (update)
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 07:59:49 PM »
i'm bagging the plugin idea.  xACT now lives for windows

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com