Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MD transfer options  (Read 5590 times)

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Qualified
Re: MD transfer options
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 08:20:58 PM »
There is a company in Europe that developed software to extract MDs from the old Sony 5.25 MD computer drives (they sell drives & firmware/softeware packages). Other than that (which, last I heard, will cost a few thousand dollars), you can: 1. get a home unit with a digital output or 2. get the hhb portable with the digi out built in. The only other option really is an analog (line/headphone output) transfer. If you have a bunch of masters, get the standalone. If its just a couple, find someone here who is already equiped and willing. Hope this helps...LS

Would be nice to know the companys name, and if they have a homepage, anybody who knows ?. Sounded like a cheap solution rather than to buy a deck, before the age of Hi-MD you have some old MDs lying around that i would like to transfer as well.

Electronic Design Laboratory

http://www.esdl.co.uk/index.htm 

I don't know how cheap it is but the company info is above.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 08:26:10 PM by larrysellers »

Offline mmadd29

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »
I have a question about MD transfers?

If one gets a standalone MD with a digi out, can the disk be dumped to the computer, like using a USB drive, or does it have to be recorded in real time?

Thanks
Superlux CM-H8K > UA5 > iriver h120 > Wave Labs > EAC

Offline SparkE!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 03:11:47 PM »
I have a question about MD transfers?

If one gets a standalone MD with a digi out, can the disk be dumped to the computer, like using a USB drive, or does it have to be recorded in real time?

Thanks
The digi out (TOSLINK out) comes out real time, so yes, you need some device that can listen to the TOSLINK signal and record it in real time.  That device can be the TOSLINK input to a soundcard, the TOSLINK input to a NJB3 or the TOSLINK input to any other device that has a digital optical input.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com