Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help with Edirol R1  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Netspeed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Help with Edirol R1
« on: April 02, 2006, 01:05:37 AM »
I used my Edirol R1 for the first time today and when I went to playback with Sony Sound Forge 8.0, it doesn't open the file. I recorded it in 24bit/44.1 wav file. Am I missing a codec somewhere? I really want to use my Sound Forge to edit it. Hopefully there's an easy fix. I searched but could not find an answer.

Thanks to any all who can help.

Offline Evil Taper

• Needs to get out more...
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
Re: Help with Edirol R1
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 06:15:46 AM »
after you transfered the files to your computer did they play in anything?  it's possible that the file transfered improperly or is just corrupt somehow and didn't tape right.  check how large the files are because it's possible that SF8 just doesn't open fiels over 2gb.  maybe try using wavelab or some other program if possible.  if they won't play in ANYTHING though, try to retransfer the files.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 11:47:53 AM »
The obvious: do you have a 24 bit soundcard?
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline Netspeed

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 01:23:20 PM »
The files are small....maybe 15-20mb.

If I didn't have a 24bit sound card, would that keep Sound Forge from opening the file? I could understand if it wouldn't produce any sound, but it doesn't even open the file. I can't find the audio card properties, but I'm using my 3 year old Compaq laptop so I'm betting that it's not 24 bit.

Offline Netspeed

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »
One more thing....when I try and open it with Media Player 10, it says "error downloading codec".

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 01:30:57 PM »
can you listen to it on the r-1 w/ headphones?
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Netspeed

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 02:10:10 PM »
can you listen to it on the r-1 w/ headphones?

Yes I can.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 06:33:36 PM »
can you download cdwav and play it in there?
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Netspeed

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 07:21:29 PM »
I don't have the correct line-in cables :(

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 07:34:57 PM »
I don't have the correct line-in cables :(

not sure what you mean.   I'm talking about the program CDWAV - a program many use for tracking.   Another option would be to download Foobar2000 and try to play it with that.   I'm pretty sure I've run into issues w/ programs like Media Player not playing a 24-bit file... those other two are two that I know will play it.   However, I'm very surprised SF won't play it....

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Netspeed

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 07:43:31 PM »
I downloaded Foobar2000 and it plays fine. What do you thing is wrong with Sound Forge? I need a good audio because I'm taylor certain sounds as ringtones. I need a fade-in, fade-out, and the ability to "grab" about 25 seconds of audio.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 07:52:01 PM »
honestly, I couldn't tell you.....  that sucks.  Its really strange b/c that's a professional level program, and 24-bit is hardly rare in the professional world....  I'm 99% sure I had no problem with 24bit files in version 6, but I haven't tried it or used it in a long, long time.

You can use cdwav to cut your file into the time segment you want, but it won't do fades.  There are some other free progs you can use for that - perhaps Audacity will work for you?  It says you can do volume fades.

hth...

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Netspeed

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 07:58:22 PM »
Thanks for all your help! I'm going to try Audacity and I'm going to contact Sony. Thanks again!

Keith

Offline Netspeed

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 08:53:30 PM »
I think I got a work-around. I use Audacity to download from the R1 and then save it as a wav file. Then I can use Sound Forge to play and tweak it. One thing I noticed though...it looks like the files are now 16 bit and not 24. I'm not sure if SF or Audacity is doing it.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 10:27:19 PM »
something is probably changing the header from 24 to 16... I bet its when you save using audacity.  Then, because SF thinks its 16, it works... but its still 24, unless you dithered it.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com