Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dutch phantom48 mod for Nakamichi CM300...original schematics included!  (Read 7956 times)

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dutch phantom48 mod for Nakamichi CM300...original schematics included!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 07:31:50 AM »
Observation: That doesnt look like any CP-4 I've ever seen...? There is no taper on the CP4...correct?

Compare to this page

http://www.nakmics.com/nak-cp4.htm

Yeah, my cp4's are straight.  absolutely no taper whatsoever.  I've never seen any nak guns like that, either.   ???

Not following the thread or this deparature, but CP-4s are shotguns.  The CP-3, sub cardioids/super omnis, do taper down to a smaller "cap" end than the standard CP-1/2 caps.   http://www.nakmics.com/nak-cp3.htm

Canis - check out the origianl post - its a NAK spec sheet - with a different looking CP-4...no doubt about it...looks like a long shotgun with out the cage - just the tube...almost like a REALLY long cp-3...

Roving Sign

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 07:37:03 AM »
...just as the title says, here are the schematics for a phantom 48 mod for Nakamichi CM300s that was originally performed in Germany Rotterdam. Sorry but I am not going to open the mics for a photo shoot because I dont want to disturb the obvious fine craftsmanship that went into this particular mod (they feel rock solid). But for all that care to tinker, here are the sheets that came with the mics. The first page is page 1 of the mic spec. sheets that has hand written notes added, the second page is page 2 of the mic spec. sheets and page 3 is a copy or printout of the mod schematics with additional notes added and highlighter work. The notes are in German Dutch so any translation is highly welcome and anyone who wants higher resolution scans, ill host a zip file and post a link here. Enjoy...

EDIT: A huuuuge thank you to balou2 for getting these in my hands...really Mike, thanks!

Hey, do you have photos of the modded mic?

I understand the schematics, but it looks like they've added/extended the body to put a few parts right behind the cap.  I'm not sure I would do it this way though.  Why not just gut the inside and use the existing body?

Anyway, thanks for the info.  I just got some Teac ME-80 on Ebay, and I think these are the same as Nak 300.  So, I'll probably be messing with some of these mods :)

Richard

Nice - looking forward to some poorlymods! I just got my shortened TEAC ME-80s back from the gunsmith. I'll post some pics later...

Roving Sign

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 07:41:45 AM »
This is probably the capsule in that picture...mistake? Earlier marketing scheme? Overseas variances...?

http://www.nakmics.com/nak-microphones-p7a.jpg

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com