Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP-CMC-8>AT8533>DEN-PS2-MINI>M1 SPL overloaded, what happened? recomendation?  (Read 1551 times)

Offline emalvido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Hello 2 mothis ago taped 2 nights in a row the same concert, different MICS

1st Night
OKMII/R>A3>M1
Result: SPL overloaded (taping listeneable, only mild "thump, thump" on drum bass sections)
The bass drum was sooo loud, I could even feel my nose, ears vibrate!, the other frequencies were heard so good! loud and clear, only the bass drum sections were way monstrous!
I might say the second loudest bass drum ever in my taping history.
I was close to the stacks right, floor level, general audience basis.
If the bass drum wasnt soo loud, it would have turned a great taping.
I taped lots of concerts using OKMII/R>A3>M1 various very LOUD shows and the results were great, no overloads, never have used the bass roll off switch on the A3 battery box,
The firts time I got overloaded was at a show........2nd row seat right in front of the floor bass stacks, that would be understandable.

2nd night:
SP-CMC-8>AT8533>DEN-PS2-MINI>M1
For those of you in case dont know what the AT8533 are XLR adaptors to be hooked from the Mics to the Denecke.
It was my first time using this rig, same position, same result...... overload, but had way much better definition on mids and highs.

Question:
Using SP-CMC-8>AT8533>DEN-PS2-MINI>M1 ok Im using Phanotm power to allow more SPL but
Should I need an extra bass roll of adapotor from the Sound Professionals? or next LOUD taping DONT get too close to the stacks?

Thanks for the advise
Ed :-)

It doesn't matter what the levels on your M-1 say.  If the SPL on your mics is overloaded it is overloaded, period.  The result: distortion.  Sorry man.

Offline emalvido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Yes I know the overload thing, was just asking If I need an extra Bass roll off switch/box adaptor etc....? fro those extra boom situations,  based on other fellow tapers that have mi same rig  ???
Ed  ::)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com