Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: split omnis or DIY j disk  (Read 1866 times)

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
split omnis or DIY j disk
« on: August 26, 2006, 05:00:13 PM »
My 1st taping outing will be 200 seat theatre, with surround sound atleast I am assuming it will be used. The band will be the Alex Skolnick Trio and my rig is Superlux CM-H8K > UA-5 > Jb3. I want to run omnis and am wondering what people think would sound best. I could split on the floor in back which is only like 10 rows back or run  a DIY J disk closer (stage lip mabey) ?.

feedback / suggestions would be greatly appreciated

http://www.unitymaine.org/theater/index.html

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
Re: split omnis or DIY j disk
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 07:31:25 PM »
My 1st taping outing will be 200 seat theatre, with surround sound atleast I am assuming it will be used. The band will be the Alex Skolnick Trio and my rig is Superlux CM-H8K > UA-5 > Jb3. I want to run omnis and am wondering what people think would sound best. I could split on the floor in back which is only like 10 rows back or runĀ  a DIY J disk closer (stage lip mabey) ?.

I'm a big fan of the split omnis, but this is a case where I would recommend the Jeklin Disk. Partly because you can get closer with the Jeklin, but also because you can really keep a much smaller footprint and not obscure people's view.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: split omnis or DIY j disk
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 10:16:33 PM »
My 1st taping outing will be 200 seat theatre, with surround sound atleast I am assuming it will be used. The band will be the Alex Skolnick Trio and my rig is Superlux CM-H8K > UA-5 > Jb3. I want to run omnis and am wondering what people think would sound best. I could split on the floor in back which is only like 10 rows back or runĀ  a DIY J disk closer (stage lip mabey) ?.

I'm a big fan of the split omnis, but this is a case where I would recommend the Jeklin Disk. Partly because you can get closer with the Jeklin, but also because you can really keep a much smaller footprint and not obscure people's view.

Wayne
ok thanks for the suggestion

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com