Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: wind noise  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: wind noise
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 01:12:42 PM »
Which is why I use the hpf filter in very windy situations. It definately helps to reduce wind rumble.

Yesterday I had the big neumann windscreens and the HPF1 (v3) engaged and my audience tape is fuct.

I had no luck finding the retail thread about dead rats. can anyone aim me to it?

I usually use hpf2 on my v3 for wind rumble. I think it just cuts the extreme low end.
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 02:01:37 PM »
I usually use hpf2 on my v3 for wind rumble. I think it just cuts the extreme low end.

Right. The jumpers can be changed to vary the slope and frequency a bit. Basically I was setting up during the first band, big screens no hpf. I saw the levels going up when there was mild wind so I knew I was getting too much wind. I put it on hpf2 and hit record, rolled it back and was still getting some wind noise. I kicked it into hpf1 and thought that did the trick. Then after the show I rolled some back and found some spot where the music is just about cut off completly from the diaphrams being molested by the wind. Bugger. As I said I don't record outside all that often and the big screens have been enough in the past on milder days. Oh well.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 07:39:35 PM »
clinton,  if you are even remotely handy with the needle and thread make your own!  roll to joe anne fabrics or michaels crafts or something similar and pick up the thickest fake fur you can find.  wrap it loose around your screens and stich up the side or sides.  done.  for like three bucks.  On second thought I have some extra material...  PM me and I'll send you some to make your own.

Kris
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com