Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: simple audio interface  (Read 1489 times)

Offline udo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
simple audio interface
« on: September 28, 2006, 07:35:35 PM »
Hi,
I finally got some decent speakers for my desktop audio system. It seems though, that I also need a new audio interface. Currently I am using a m-audio ozone keyboard  (I also work with midi, and I have bought this 3 years ago mainly for that purpose). Its has two trs audio out conncetions, but no fader or pod to control the volume. That means I always have to control the volume in the software, even if I want to simply playback a cd. Does anybody know a good audio-interface mainly to hook up the two active speakers and have volume control?
sp c4s mixpre sony pcm-d50

Offline celticrogues

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: simple audio interface
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:49:13 PM »
You could try something like this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/SMPro-Audio-MPatch-Passive-Volume-Control?sku=180202

Basically all this is is a volume control - you hook it up to the outputs of your Ozone and into your speakers and it has a volume knob on it. THere are more expensive versions by companies like Presonus and Grace as well. Some have a reputation for messing with the sound - I haven't used any personally so I can't offer an opinion on that. This one is passive though  so mabye won't mess with the sound as much as an active one would.

Cheers,
-MIke
Michael Fowler
www.mobilemikesny.com

Offline udo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: simple audio interface
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:41:34 AM »
Thanks! It looks exactly like what I was looking for. On the other hand, for just 150 $ more I ged a refurbished firebox with a lot more features ...
sp c4s mixpre sony pcm-d50

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com