Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how to run my C4s in this venue  (Read 5598 times)

Offline Oysterhead00

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
Re: how to run my C4s in this venue
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 05:28:30 AM »
Ooo, that looks sexy. Now if only there were more places that sold it. I'll try picking it up in the coming weeks. I'd probably need a 3/8" to 5/8" adapter to hook up a t-bar to this, right?

Yup, they are dirt cheap too:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=400109&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Shipping is a bit high so I'd buy a few of them (you'll probably lose one or two, having spares is always good..they can easily get "stuck" in a Vert Bar or something) and maybe a couple of these(never know when you might need them and they can be used in tandem with the other adapters as a riser):
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=400107&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I'd just pick up a bunch of these and then with shipping it will still be under $20 and you'll have a bunch of bases covered and in a pinch, can help out another taper if they dont' have a stand and want to jump on board with you...with the AKG just having the 5/8" hole, you can easily throw another mount on top of yours if need be
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 04:53:20 PM »
That 8 inch stand linked to has a small footprint correct?

Offline Gizby

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 02:42:26 AM »
Well, the concert was cancelled (the venue's error, the band was just as surprised/upset about it as the fans upon arriving). So this gives me a little more time to build up my stand.

So aside from the actual stand and adapters to mount anything on it, what else do I need to have a basic stand setup going? At the moment I only have a small AKG t-bar. What are some good T-bars out there? Also, how about vert bars?
Mics: DSP mod Oktava MK012s, CAD E100S (2), Studio Projects C4s, SP-CMC-2, Polsen OLM-20
Preamps/BB: Sound Devices MixPre, SP-SPSB-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam DR‑05
Video: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4

Team SoCal

Offline Oysterhead00

• Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 07:59:42 AM »
So aside from the actual stand and adapters to mount anything on it, what else do I need to have a basic stand setup going? At the moment I only have a small AKG t-bar. What are some good T-bars out there? Also, how about vert bars?

The small AKG bar is quite good and diverse.  Even something like running X/Y is pretty easy with something like this (recommended to me from someone else here on the forums).

You can just unscrew one of the mount thingies and stick it upside.  The vertical space difference isn't supposed to make any difference.  As far as running DIN or ORTF the AKG Bar works fine for both configs.  Though in Small Bars I tend to just eyeball it and aim at the stacks and there's usually talking all around.  If you have $40 - $70 of disposible income and plan to run X/Y a lot, you could look for a Shure Vert Bar A27M (I think there's one in the Yard Sale right now).

If you want to run omni's you might want something with more spacing, but I have yet to ever use them in the field so I can't give you any advice on them. 
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 08:03:41 AM »
another cheap (yet excellent) stand:  http://tinyurl.com/gzmov

I say stage lip @3' XY
or, from your "rear of venue" option, a modified DIN at maybe a little less than 90deg and opened up to 20-25cm will probably yield a decent pull.

Offline Gizby

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 01:16:52 AM »
another cheap (yet excellent) stand:  http://tinyurl.com/gzmov

I say stage lip @3' XY
or, from your "rear of venue" option, a modified DIN at maybe a little less than 90deg and opened up to 20-25cm will probably yield a decent pull.
Actually, that looks perfect. A little more reliable than the Savage (as far as info goes).

However, I just want to be clear on what I'll need to attach this T-bar to the top of it (which has a 5/8" opening to screw onto whatever). I'm not sure what kind of mount that stand has. The best I can find is that it has a 5/8" mounting stud, whatever that may be. Will I need an adapter, like the one mentioned earlier in the thread for the other stand, or something else entirely?
Mics: DSP mod Oktava MK012s, CAD E100S (2), Studio Projects C4s, SP-CMC-2, Polsen OLM-20
Preamps/BB: Sound Devices MixPre, SP-SPSB-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam DR‑05
Video: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4

Team SoCal

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 07:38:07 AM »
its probably got a small lighting screw on top, and you'll need an adapter.  that will be the case w/all of these types of stands.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com