Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: newbie questions  (Read 1553 times)

Offline tatertot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
newbie questions
« on: December 16, 2006, 01:56:47 PM »
i have for the last two years been doing patch taping with a mini disc recorder. i want to take the next step and start making my own recordings of shows with my own complete rig i don't know much about the technology. i've been looking at nomads and maudio 2496 for a deck. i don't know squat about a/d processors preamps or mics. i would like to have stealth,nonstealth capabilities(not a bootlegger). i am not rich either. any suggestions? 

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 02:09:17 PM »
i don't know squat about a/d processors preamps or mics.

Start here.  While some of the gear-specifics are outdated, it's still a good place to start.

i would like to have stealth,nonstealth capabilities(not a bootlegger). i am not rich either.

Good start of providing context.  However, "not rich" means different things to different people.  If you provide a specific dollar amount, or even a range, you're more likely to receive useful responses.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:43:26 PM »
i have for the last two years been doing patch taping with a mini disc recorder. i want to take the next step and start making my own recordings of shows with my own complete rig i don't know much about the technology. i've been looking at nomads and maudio 2496 for a deck. i don't know squat about a/d processors preamps or mics. i would like to have stealth,nonstealth capabilities(not a bootlegger). i am not rich either. any suggestions? 

You will find that this is the best place for info on gear, good luck with your recordings.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Ryan Sims

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • A vision of a gentle coast
    • Something
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 01:33:02 PM »

That's a good thing.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,1152.0.html
Ryan (minus sign) Sims dot com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryan-sims/

No single raindrop believes it's to blame for the flood.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com