Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Have recordings, now how do I track and convert???  (Read 3359 times)

Offline mikesalvo

• Trade Count: (51)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • get your Avett on!!!
Have recordings, now how do I track and convert???
« on: January 12, 2007, 02:52:55 PM »
hey there ya'll,

so, I am relatively new to aping. I used to run a minidisc, but only used the recodings to listen to personally. Never converted them. So I have 2 questions, and I know these have been asked probably many times, but I am desperately seeking help...

question 1: I have purchased a Zoom H4 recorder. It hasnt come yet, but I was wonderign what software I will need to easily and quickly upload, track out, and possibly do some minor equalization adjustments.

and

question 2: I have a .wav file i need to divide into seperate tracks. It is a complete show, just not tracked up, I assume it will require the same program as question 1.

I know these are such rookie questions, I'm really lookin for some help here. Also, if anyone would feel comfortable talking about this via phone, i would GRATELY appreciate it. I have many questions and am looking to get good at this! Thanks ya'll!!!
AKG se300b (ck/91, ck/93) > Busman T-Mod R-4

Offline mikesalvo

• Trade Count: (51)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • get your Avett on!!!
Please help me track and convert recordings =0)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 02:56:40 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

hey there ya'll,

so, I am relatively new to aping. I used to run a minidisc, but only used the recodings to listen to personally. Never converted them. So I have 2 questions, and I know these have been asked probably many times, but I am desperately seeking help...

question 1: I have purchased a Zoom H4 recorder. It hasnt come yet, but I was wonderign what software I will need to easily and quickly upload, track out, and possibly do some minor equalization adjustments.

and

question 2: I have a .wav file i need to divide into seperate tracks. It is a complete show, just not tracked up, I assume it will require the same program as question 1.

I know these are such rookie questions, I'm really lookin for some help here. Also, if anyone would feel comfortable talking about this via phone, i would GRATELY appreciate it. I have many questions and am looking to get good at this! Thanks ya'll!!!
AKG se300b (ck/91, ck/93) > Busman T-Mod R-4

Online BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: Have recordings, now how do I track and convert???
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 02:59:36 PM »
hey there ya'll,

and

Go here http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,62294.0.html

1.  i suggest audacity

2.  Cd wave

good luck!

and just a side not....you really shouldnt post the same question twice... it will get answered, or moved to the right spot by a mod
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline leshlush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Bass Great, Lesh Philing...
Re: Please help me track and convert recordings =0)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »

I assume that the zoom will actually come w/  some sort of driver(software) that will allow you to xfer your files... A zoom user would probably be able to better advise you as far as this question is concerned...

The most popular and easiest software to cut tracks is called CDWave and it's freeware... Links to the free download can be found here:

http://www.etree.org/cdwave.html

I hope that helps...

and +T for getting started
SP C4's > Hydra Silvers > UA5 (digi mod) > JB3

Team Turkey - Western Conference
Team Fun - Western Conference

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 03:12:21 PM »
free editing software - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline leshlush

• Taperssection Member
  • Bass Great, Lesh Philing...
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 03:25:02 PM »
It's kinda funny, although I do all of my post work in Wavelab, Cubase, and on the odd occassion Soundforge or Audacity, I still always use CDWave to cut it into tracks after all the other post-work has been done...

What can I say, old habits die hard...
SP C4's > Hydra Silvers > UA5 (digi mod) > JB3

Team Turkey - Western Conference
Team Fun - Western Conference

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »
It's kinda funny, although I do all of my post work in Wavelab, Cubase, and on the odd occassion Soundforge or Audacity, I still always use CDWave to cut it into tracks after all the other post-work has been done...

same here - just so easy with CD Wave and for 16bit you know its not creating SBEs - and i love the ease of using saved cue sheets (although im sure other editors have them as well)
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline Wiggle

• Taperssection Member
  • So soft. Clearly meant to be loved by humans.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 05:42:54 PM »
Make that three of us.

Cubase > CDWave
Open: SP C4/MSH-1O > Nick's Picks hydra cables > BM2P+ UA-5 > iRiver H120
Optional: Giant Squid cards > iRiver H120

Online BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »

same here - just so easy with CD Wave and for 16bit you know its not creating SBEs - and i love the ease of using saved cue sheets (although im sure other editors have them as well)

does this mean that it could create sbe in 24bit?  I have only been doing 24 bit for 4 shows, and am waiting on cables to setup my new playback..so i havent listened to mine that i tracked in cdwave.  if so...what tracking software do you use for 24bit?

tnx
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline Carrera2

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 02:13:25 AM »

The most popular and easiest software to cut tracks is called CDWave and it's freeware... Links to the free download can be found here:

http://www.etree.org/cdwave.html

Technically, this is shareware, with a very low registration fee for the value.

Offline hummat

• Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 01:41:47 PM »
Your H4 will come with Cubase LE, which should do the things you need it to do.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com