Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tracking/Editing in Bias Peak LE 5...  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Tracking/Editing in Bias Peak LE 5...
« on: January 15, 2007, 09:46:28 PM »
Anybody want to give a total Bias newbie a quick walkthrough on how to track with Peak 5?

I thought it would be similar to Spark (add markers/create regions from markers/export regions to files), but no luck...
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline jpepx78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Tracking/Editing in Bias Peak LE 5...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 08:20:42 PM »
i believe it's very similar. you just add markers, select all, then convert markers to regions and save as a jam file. you can burn with toast/jam and have no gaps between tracks.

jt

Offline mhibbs

• Taperssection Member
  • it's all about the GA preamps
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
Nick...that should be the process.  I just grabbed Peak myself b/c I'm trying to move completely off of my PC.  I haven't tried it yet, but the Peak manual describes exactly what you are talking about.  Check out pg 107 of the manual.  If you don't have the manual, do Link->Online Documentation and you can download it.  Or PM me w/ your email address and I'll shoot it to you.

Mitch

Oade preamp museum curator

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »
So, one of the limitations of Peak LE over Peak is that you cannot make regions into tracks.  I find Peak LE easier for some manipulation than Spark and Sound Studio (Audacity I could not stand), but unfortunately, I have to keep Sound Studio in my arsenal to do this last step (regions into tracks).  SS has some other features like a nice library of Automator actiosn if you want to creat your own automated workflows.  I guess if I were recommending a new app to someone, it'd probably be SS3 now, and no longer Peak LE.

http://www.freeverse.com/soundstudio/  free trial available

Hope that helps,
keytohwy

Anybody want to give a total Bias newbie a quick walkthrough on how to track with Peak 5?

I thought it would be similar to Spark (add markers/create regions from markers/export regions to files), but no luck...

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:31:55 AM »
yes, the inability to change markers to regions is the reason i rarely find myself using peak le (i have peak LE 4). i believe in the full peak programs (peak 5 pro) you do have this ability, but for some reason they dont allow it in the LE versions.

so, what i would do is set markers (apple-M), then double click in the middle of two markers to select what would be the region. then paste into a new stereo file. i think there is a menu option to "open selection in new window/file" and i think there was a keyboard shortcut that i used to do this. i found this way too tedious and instead of upgrading to the full version i got a free copy of spark. i prefer the peak interface but spark does what i need it to do in fewer steps.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline mhibbs

• Taperssection Member
  • it's all about the GA preamps
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 02:28:52 PM »
I have 5.2 Pro and there is definitely an option to convert markers to regions.
Oade preamp museum curator

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.129 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com