Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Transferring to PC/MAC from MD  (Read 2083 times)

Offline clarwee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Transferring to PC/MAC from MD
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:46:05 AM »
Hello everybody!

I'm new to this forum.

I recently recorded a concert onto a normal MD. The recorder that I was using was a loan from someone else and is Sony MZ-N10.
I have now returned the MD.

I transferred to my Mac via line out of the N10 and successfully recorded it.

As I want a better quality recording, I figured that transferring the MD via USB would be the best option.

So I went down to a nearby Electronics Mall to look for MD and to my dismay, I found only one shop selling a Hi-MD recorder. I live in Singapore so apparently chancing upon a MD these days is very rare. So I made a quick decision and bought it. It's at MZ-NH600.

Now, to my dismay I am not able to transfer the recording from the MD to my PC. As I selected the tracks visible in SonicStage 3.4 (the CD supplied is v2), and select Transfer to Library, all I heard was the spinning of the MD and that's it. Nothing was transferred.

Does anyone have any idea how do I go about transferring the audio out? Any help would be deeply and greatly appreciated. :)

Oh, and there's no Mic In so I am pretty bummed about it as the word Recorder makes no sense on this product now.

Thanks!

Offline beefstew

• Taperssection Member
Re: Transferring to PC/MAC from MD
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »
only the MZ-RH10 will transfer regular MD's usb style  :-\

but if your MZ-NH600 has a "Line In" jack, then you will be able to record concerts with it with a battery module
Mic-In is butt anyway
*Audio*
Mics:
SP-CMC-19
Panasonic WM61a

Recorders:
MZ-RH910 (Hi-MD)
Sony TC-WE435 (CASS)

*Video*
Canon ZR-500 [Mini DV]
54" Tripod

I spend most of my money on gambling, booze, and women. The rest i spend foolishly.

Offline clarwee

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »
Oh, well that sucks.

If I had asked here earlier on...

Ah, so that ain't too bad. Looks I have to sell it off.

Ok, another question, MZ-RH1 or MZ-M200?

EDIT: Oh they are the same eh?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 10:17:39 PM by clarwee »

Offline clarwee

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 01:46:23 AM »
Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiniDisc

Upload of 'legacy' MiniDiscs

In March 2006, Sony released the the MZ-RH1 Hi-MD Walkman in Japan, which was later followed in other regions. With this unit, Sony officially enabled full upload functionality to traditional (pre-NetMD) MiniDiscs - this feature in addition to the unrestricted Hi-MD-based transfers already available since the online availability of SonicStage 3.4. Users with extensive MiniDisc collections, for example, could upload their recordings digitally faster than real-time, just like Hi-MD recordings already offered. However, NetMD recordings are still restricted and cannot be transferred to PC digitally.

Since I recorded on a NetMD, is it safe to say that there is NO way I can transfer a copy of my recording digitally via USB to a computer? Or is there another way I can get around this?

Thanks!

Offline taper420

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
only the MZ-RH10 will transfer regular MD's usb style  :-\

but if your MZ-NH600 has a "Line In" jack, then you will be able to record concerts with it with a battery module
Mic-In is butt anyway
Close... it's the RH1 (or M200)

Since I recorded on a NetMD, is it safe to say that there is NO way I can transfer a copy of my recording digitally via USB to a computer? Or is there another way I can get around this?

Thanks!

No...any legacy MD that was recorded on any legacy md recorder (even Net-MD's) can be upload using the rh1 or m200, if it was recorded using one of these 3 methods: analog line in, digital line in, or mic in. When they say net-md doesn't work they mean this: if the music originated from your computer, and you transfered it to MD through usb onto a netmd recorder, then this can not be transfered back onto your computer.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com