Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP-TFB-2  (Read 2904 times)

Offline eric51078

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
SP-TFB-2
« on: February 09, 2007, 08:24:40 AM »
Hi,
I am new here and I am thinking about buying the SoundProfessionals SP-TFB-2 in-ear binaurals. I would be recording from small to large venues...I have not had good luck with mics in the past and I was told that these are the ones to get. Any advice?

Thanks,
eric

Offline beefstew

• Taperssection Member
Re: SP-TFB-2
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 05:48:41 PM »
Hi,
I am new here and I am thinking about buying the SoundProfessionals SP-TFB-2 in-ear binaurals. I would be recording from small to large venues...I have not had good luck with mics in the past and I was told that these are the ones to get. Any advice?

Thanks,
eric

i believe you get a discount when you buy them from SP - just tell them you are a member at TS.com
*Audio*
Mics:
SP-CMC-19
Panasonic WM61a

Recorders:
MZ-RH910 (Hi-MD)
Sony TC-WE435 (CASS)

*Video*
Canon ZR-500 [Mini DV]
54" Tripod

I spend most of my money on gambling, booze, and women. The rest i spend foolishly.

Offline eric51078

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:33:50 PM »
Could someone recommend a sensitivty? High or Standard...for shows like Stevie Nicks and Cyndi Lauper
SProf told me to get the High Sensitivity ones...but I wanted a second opinion..

Thanks so much!!!

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »
Could someone recommend a sensitivty? High or Standard...for shows like Stevie Nicks and Cyndi Lauper
SProf told me to get the High Sensitivity ones...but I wanted a second opinion..

Thanks so much!!!

I would get the low sensitivity ones for any live recording of a amplified show. I have listened to this mics before they are very good. I would get a pair for sure. I think its one of the best ways to use bin aural mics.
I would get there battery box too with the roll off filters and set it around 100hz or so for arena shows. You might even want to go as high as 150hz because they are omni mics. I am pretty sure the slope on there battery box is 6 db per octave so 150hz will not be that bad.

Chris Church

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline eric51078

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 08:06:59 AM »
Thanks Chris for all the advice!! Now should I get the battery box with the line-in control? Or not?

Thanks again!!!!

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 08:37:38 AM »
Thanks Chris for all the advice!! Now should I get the battery box with the line-in control? Or not?

Thanks again!!!!

I don't know about that battery box but I would get the one with the roll off switches.. I don't think you need attenuation with the low sensitivity option.. But I am not the right person to ask about that ask Chris at SP hes a good guy and he will give you a non B.S answer.

Offline eric51078

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »
I talked with Chris at SP and he told me that I do need the line-in control because I have a Sony MZ-R37 I need to use the line-in control so that I don't get any distortion. I think that is going to be hard because my MD does not have a backlight.

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 02:33:51 PM »
I talked with Chris at SP and he told me that I do need the line-in control because I have a Sony MZ-R37 I need to use the line-in control so that I don't get any distortion. I think that is going to be hard because my MD does not have a backlight.

Well I would have to agree with Chris the MZ-37 is impossible to change levels on the fly with out being able to see what your doing. I would also look into a preamp that has level controls on it Sound professinals make a nice one. So do I. It all depends on what kind of shows you want to tape if they are all accoustic I would get a preamp if they are mostly loud shows I would get a battery box.

Chris Church

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 04:53:52 PM »
here a 1min57sec sample of a song played on my homestereo in my living room recorded with the sp-tfb-2 mics IN EAR and not outside.
recorded on my sony mz-rh1 with bbox(195Hz rolloff) through my RH1´s line-in with manual level control(30/30)...had to boost volume until 0dB were reached  ;D!
http://www.file-upload.net/download-208082/001-rh1_sp-tfb-2_195hz-bassfilter_line-in.mp3.html

i have the standard sensitivity version of the sp-tfb-2 mics.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:34:12 PM by Arni99 »
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:26:12 AM »
last weekend i taped 3 shows with the sp-tfb-2 IN EAR with bbox at 195Hz bassrolloff and i really like the results.
never thought such small mics could produce such a great sound of loud amplified funk-rock shows....no distortion or clipping using my iriver h140´s line-in with rockbox´s REP(recording enhancement pack).

i did NOT move my head during the shows ;).

maybe i will use less than 195Hz roll off for the upcomin shows, but u can always boost bass in post using software...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:43:35 AM by Arni99 »
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.139 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com