Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New to taping. Help please  (Read 5520 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New to taping. Help please
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »
i was using the 160hz bass roll off.
Before you go out to record your next show, make sure you perform that little test that I suggested previously.  You need to make sure the roll off setting is close to the right point for the best sound for your mics and, if they are overloading, this setting can make all the difference in the world. 

Offline 1westkc3

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 11:26:32 PM »
"The biggest negative about them (MD) vs. the hard drive units is that I don't download my files direct to harddrive, so after a show, I end up using Audition to perform a real time analog capture of the show.  There _IS_ software available that enables pure digital file translation,"

I used MD for a number of years and in addition to the above one of the biggest issues for me was the constant anxiety I had over when to stop the recording to swap discs.  I swithced to an iRiver and my stress level has deminished significantly.

stevetoney

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 07:36:37 PM »
"The biggest negative about them (MD) vs. the hard drive units is that I don't download my files direct to harddrive, so after a show, I end up using Audition to perform a real time analog capture of the show.  There _IS_ software available that enables pure digital file translation,"

I used MD for a number of years and in addition to the above one of the biggest issues for me was the constant anxiety I had over when to stop the recording to swap discs.  I swithced to an iRiver and my stress level has deminished significantly.

Yup...definitely agree with you there.  This is a big reason the Hi-SP is popular with the Hi-MD crowd.  Oh, one other annoying thing about mini-disc, either MD or Hi-MD, is that when you stop a recording, the unit has to write the file.  That takes a good 20 - 30 seconds.  It can seem like a friggin lifetime when you are changing discs in the middle of a set and the next song starts up before you have the next disc inserted and rolling.

Offline phriq

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 10:38:05 AM »
how can i post a sample?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com