Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: transferring from Transcend 8GB "120X" CF card  (Read 1774 times)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
transferring from Transcend 8GB "120X" CF card
« on: March 27, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »
I can't get my Transcend CF card to mount on my computer (iBook, latest version of OSX, using generic USB2 CF reader). I can mount the card on both my camera (Digital Rebel) and 722. When I put it in the card reader, the access light comes on and remains lit indefinitely.

Any tricks I should try?
Out of the game … for now?

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
Re: transferring from Transcend 8GB "120X" CF card
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:23:27 PM »
Turns out this card isn't "USB-enabled." Does that mean the only way to read it is through my device (i.e. hook 722 up to computer)?

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29:29 PM »
Turns out this card isn't "USB-enabled." Does that mean the only way to read it is through my device (i.e. hook 722 up to computer)?
wow thats crazy I never really heard of that. I always thought the card reader took care of all that.
It didn't matter what the card actually supported. Unless you were trying to boot off the card than the ata/dma specs would come into play.
SOrry no help here +T for the troubles and hope someone has an answer soon for ya.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »
After spending the last half hour reading about this via Google, it turns out that my reader specifically works with "USB-enabled" CF cards. There are plenty of readers that don't - I just didn't get one of those. That explains why the reader was only around $10.

So can anyone suggest a cheap reader that can read ALL types of CF cards?

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:40:29 PM »
After spending the last half hour reading about this via Google, it turns out that my reader specifically works with "USB-enabled" CF cards. There are plenty of readers that don't - I just didn't get one of those. That explains why the reader was only around $10.

So can anyone suggest a cheap reader that can read ALL types of CF cards?
WTF hahaha what a DOH who would of thunk it ahead of time? No I don't but I will surely be paying attention as I will probably be buying a reader soon myself. I think these cards will make excellent scratch drives to work/play on :)
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com