Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how can I lock/un-lock files on my Lacie external?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline mikesalvo

• Trade Count: (51)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • get your Avett on!!!
how can I lock/un-lock files on my Lacie external?
« on: April 18, 2007, 05:18:39 PM »
I have a 250 gb usb 2.0 Lacie External. I've never emptied the trash on it, and when i go to do it, it says its deleting like 5 or 6,000 files. While its entirely possible that I have added/removed that many files ocver the past year, Im worried its gonna wipe out my drive. How can I lock my 5 main folders to secure them from being erased???
AKG se300b (ck/91, ck/93) > Busman T-Mod R-4

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: how can I lock/un-lock files on my Lacie external?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »
Go into the trash/recycle bin and see what files are in there....make sure your good files are not in there and then dump the bin........the trash adds up pretty quickly.......
OR...to be certain, make back up copies of the files you want to save and then dump the bin........I always dump the bin as soon as I put something in there to free up disc space......
Hope this helps...
I don't believe there is an option to "lock" a file to keep it from being deleted......You can always remove everything from the garbage and the delete the files one by one to make sure the ones you want stay put..If the files you want to keep are not in the garbage thaen you should have no problem...
Peace,
jk
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:51:47 PM by joekar »
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com