Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Proper formatting of info.txt file?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline sunjan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
Proper formatting of info.txt file?
« on: June 11, 2007, 07:48:25 AM »
Hi all,

I'm preparing to seed some stuff, and want to make sure I format the info.txt file the right way.

Bri laid out the template last year, here:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,72597.msg977210.html#msg977210

But among the torrents that are posted, I keep seeing variations to this, and the labels are not 100% consistent.

Is there a "canonical" template somewhere, which contains the full template for all tags that can be parsed by Live Show Tagger and the like?!
I've been searching on etree, but the listing I found there wasn't authoritive:
http://wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=FlacMetadata

Also, another newbie question: when splitting the show on two "virtual discs", what strategy should I use: cram as much as possible onto disc 1 (74 minutes) or aim for equal lenght on both discs?
But maybe this dividing on separate discs is becoming totally arbitrary, now that most tapers can burn everything to one DVD anyway?! Could I just format my flac files and info.txt as going onto one long disc?

Thanks for any advice!

/Jan
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: Proper formatting of info.txt file?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 09:25:18 AM »
As far as I know, there's no canonical template. I don't know anything about Live Show tagger, having never used it, but I will say that if you're going to be uploading stuff to archive.org, try to avoid starting non-song lines with numbers if you want the track numbers to line up right when you import the show there.

As for track splitting, I aim for equal length on both discs because my wife still occasionally asks me to burn shows for her to listen in the car. You could always just do the one long disc and include split variations in the info.txt (split after track X for equal discs, or after track Y for a long disc 1).
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com