Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is there a hard reset for R-09?  (Read 1730 times)

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Houston
Is there a hard reset for R-09?
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:53:44 PM »
I recorded a show last night no problem (listened to it on my computer briefly before bed).  When I went to listen to it on the R-09 at work today I find that the volume buttons don't work.  Well they do, but it seems to have been delay reaction and maxed it out at 100.  When I press the decrease volume button it just flashes volume 100 after a long delay.  For fun, I pressed record and it proceeded to max out the record level to 30... I tried the factory reset, but not luck.  I'm pretty sure none of the buttons are stuck... Firmware version is 1.20

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
Re: Is there a hard reset for R-09?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »
I recorded a show last night no problem (listened to it on my computer briefly before bed).  When I went to listen to it on the R-09 at work today I find that the volume buttons don't work.  Well they do, but it seems to have been delay reaction and maxed it out at 100.  When I press the decrease volume button it just flashes volume 100 after a long delay.  For fun, I pressed record and it proceeded to max out the record level to 30... I tried the factory reset, but not luck.  I'm pretty sure none of the buttons are stuck... Firmware version is 1.20

Hold button isn't working as well.  I bet something has come loose inside.  Any thoughts?  Does opening it void the warranty?

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
Re: Is there a hard reset for R-09?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 10:01:32 PM »
Something was probably loose inside.  I took it apart.  As you take it apart you can see how easy it might be to unseat the buttons.  I put it back together without really doing anything and it works fine now.  I must have knocked it just the right way or something.

Problem solved.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com