Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help: Corrupted CF card file  (Read 1726 times)

Offline sparkjockey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Help: Corrupted CF card file
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:55:45 PM »
I know the fix for this is covered in the media section, but I'm pretty techno challenged. I recorded a show Saturday night with my MT, and it plays fine from the MT, but I can't get it transferred from the card to my computer. I keep getting a message that says the file is corrupted and un-readable. I tried a card reader and had the same results. I've used this particular card several times without incident, and re-formatted after I last used it. I read about the process that is involved in getting the show off the card, but I'm not sure I understand everything and my computer is pretty old and might not handle the program well. Is there anyone out there that would want to do it for me? I'll send the card and blank cd (B&P) so it could be flac'ed and sent back. Thanks to anyone out there willing to help. 

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: Help: Corrupted CF card file
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:47:39 PM »
i have had this happen to me. i would venture to guess that you are on a pc. if so, do you have access to a mac? try the card reader (or even the MT) on the mac, and you should be able to transfer the file.

the file however may indeed be corrupted and may be due to a bad header. find the wav header fix program posted on this board by ts.com member "pigiron" which should do the trick.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline sparkjockey

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 08:49:48 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion Chris. Yes I'm on a pc, but will be going to see my nephew in a week or so and he has a mac. I'll give it a try when I see him. In the mean time I'll check out pigiron's post about wav headers.

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:06:25 PM »
i found the link to the post with the program:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,72936.0.html

good luck.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline pigiron

• Taperssection Member
  • I just did what I did
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 11:36:44 PM »

don't think the utility is going to help in this situation guys.

if it plays the whole file on the MT, then the WAVE header info must be good. This sounds more like a filesystem issue.
skm184, lsd2
v2, sd722, mini-me, jb3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com