Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: wierd wave glitch - pic inside  (Read 1129 times)

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • surly tapir
wierd wave glitch - pic inside
« on: October 27, 2007, 09:48:18 AM »
i noticed a wierd wave glitch in my recording the other day.  i havent tested all the possible factors, but i thought i would throw a snap shot up to see if anyone else ever saw this and what they may have diagnosed the problem as.

the glitch appears every 6 seconds (give or take a second) and appears through out the recording, although it becomes more noticable once the music actually started.  it is only on the left channel.

i was running 461 > bm2p+ > jb3

also, i just checked another recording with my at853 > bm2p+ > jb3 and did not see the abnormality.

thanks for any pointers

**edit to add:  i zoomed in to 1:512 to better see the issue as well as selecting a section without a lot of music (i think this shot was between songs) **
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:50:38 AM by jeromejello »
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: wierd wave glitch - pic inside
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »
That it occurs every 6 seconds makes me suspect that it might be interference from the jb3 hard drive. There aren't too many other things that happen at that interval....

I'd suggest listening closely to the jb3 to determine how often it does flush to disk at the settings you were using. If it is 6 seconds, then maybe you have some sort of interference problem.  Why only one channel? Maybe due to a bad cable (grounding issue) or maybe due to an internal issue in the jb3.

The thing is... this is what you expect when you run line in to the jb3.  I'm sure you are running an opti cable from the ua5 to the jb3.. so that makes it kinda weird.  It'd be interesting to see an FFT of it to see what the freq actually is.   If it is a pulsing sound it may be cellphone interference.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.148 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com