Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DAT repair help / ISO: Part name, source  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
DAT repair help / ISO: Part name, source
« on: November 22, 2007, 05:24:09 PM »
Hi!

It seems my Sony DTC-ZE700 deck has just had a major hiccup. All of a sudden it would only display "Caution" on the display and refuse to do anything else.
I opened it up to see what happens when I try to insert a tape. I opened another deck and compared the two. It seems like one of the parts that is responsible for loading the tape is not moving.

This is the part in question:

I tried to further investigate the problem and found the bottom side of this part, which is made of plastic. It seems that a small part of that plastic part has broken off:

Does anyone know what that plastic part is called? Any hint on where I could get a new one? I don't really want to send my deck in for repair as I fear the costs could be higher than just buying a new used one...

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: DAT repair help / ISO: Part name, source
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 11:40:01 PM »
Pro Digital Inc.
American Digital
and others

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 12:21:32 AM »
Unless you are tied to the DAT this might be a good time to evaluate the price of repairs against an HD or solid state recording device.  The difference might not be that great.  And, no more alignment problems and all the other tape headaches.   Just a thought.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline BlackCrowe

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 02:30:44 AM »
Hi!

It seems my Sony DTC-ZE700 deck has just had a major hiccup. All of a sudden it would only display "Caution" on the display and refuse to do anything else.
I opened it up to see what happens when I try to insert a tape. I opened another deck and compared the two. It seems like one of the parts that is responsible for loading the tape is not moving.

This is the part in question:

I tried to further investigate the problem and found the bottom side of this part, which is made of plastic. It seems that a small part of that plastic part has broken off:

Does anyone know what that plastic part is called? Any hint on where I could get a new one? I don't really want to send my deck in for repair as I fear the costs could be higher than just buying a new used one...

Halo Sebastian,

also ich schick meine Teile (solange es sich noch lohnt) nach Detmold zum Technischen Service Eichhorst (http://www.tse-detmold.de/de/welcome).
Du schickst denen das Gerät, der Kostenvoranschlag kostet 1 Euro (!!) und wenn Du anschliessend keine Reparatur möchtest zahlst Du lediglich noch die reinen Portokosten fürs Zurückschicken.Immerhin hast Du dann eine exakte Diagnose und kannst Dich (wenn Dir der Preis zu hoch ist) selber daran versuchen.

Der Endpreis ist immer exakt der im Kostenvoranschlag angegebene.
Der Service ist wirklich kompetent, vielleicht nicht die Allerschnellsten, dafür aber sehr moderate Preise. Ich bin bislang immer höchst zufrieden gewesen.

Schreibe mal an <kontakt@it-lippe.de> oder hier

http://cgi.ebay.de/DAT-Recorder-defekt-Wir-helfen-Ihnen-weiter_W0QQitemZ320186335504QQihZ011QQcategoryZ14980QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Grüße

Karsten

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:43:14 AM by BlackCrowe »

Offline BlackCrowe

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 02:35:30 AM »
Das Teil nennt sich glaub ich "Andruckrolle" und ist Teil der Bandführung...

Offline Sebastian

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 04:02:59 AM »
Unless you are tied to the DAT this might be a good time to evaluate the price of repairs against an HD or solid state recording device.  The difference might not be that great.  And, no more alignment problems and all the other tape headaches.   Just a thought.

I already have a solid state recorder, but I need the old DAT deck for transferring my old masters ;)

Offline Sebastian

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 04:03:54 AM »
also ich schick meine Teile (solange es sich noch lohnt) nach Detmold zum Technischen Service Eichhorst (http://www.tse-detmold.de/de/welcome).
Du schickst denen das Gerät, der Kostenvoranschlag kostet 1 Euro (!!) und wenn Du anschliessend keine Reparatur möchtest zahlst Du lediglich noch die reinen Portokosten fürs Zurückschicken.Immerhin hast Du dann eine exakte Diagnose und kannst Dich (wenn Dir der Preis zu hoch ist) selber daran versuchen.

Thanks! I've just sent them an e-mail.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com