Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How can I join 2 files?  (Read 1370 times)

Offline maidencolorado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Who farted?
How can I join 2 files?
« on: December 09, 2007, 09:09:58 PM »
OK, please bear with me for another n00b question.  I taped a show last night using my R-09 in 24 bit.  The show ran over the 2 gig mark and therefore I have 2 files.  Unfortunately the split is just about dead center of a song.

This is the first show I taped using the R-09 and I haven't had any other experience with something like this.  I have CD Wave Editor, Trader's Little Helper and Audacity, but am willing to go with another program if there's one out there that you guys would recommend, or if the programs I have won't do what I need.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere or is something that should be hitting me full force in the forehead, but I'm just getting started and want to give back to this great hobby.

Thanks in advance

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
Re: How can I join 2 files?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:02:50 PM »
The program Audiohack.exe runs from the command line and will do a seamless file split at the 2gb mark. You can take the two resulting files and fixup the song that occurs at the 2gb point using a digital audio editor.

The Audiohack program has been moved. For business reasons I decided to move everything to my newer domain. The audiohack.exe program is now here:
http://live2496.com/audiohck.zip

Here are some instructions:
http://live2496.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14

Gordon
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline maidencolorado

• Taperssection Regular
  • Who farted?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 10:25:39 PM »
Thank you, looks straightforward.  I'll definately put it to use

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:45:29 PM »
Apps like audiohack, shntool, wavmerge, etc., are all good for merging two audio files.  The question then becomes:  does one's audio editor handle WAV files > 2 GB?  If so, great.  If not, merging the files doesn't help, in fact it hurts.

I forget if Audacity handles stereo WAV files > 2GB.  If so, again...no problem.  But if not, there's an easy workaround - simply import both original files into Audacity, align the start of the 2nd with the end of the 1st, then edit, track, and resample/dither as required while exporting to individual tracks.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline maidencolorado

• Taperssection Regular
  • Who farted?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 11:25:35 PM »
Thanks for that as well.  I was looking at aligning the 2, but wasn't sure if it would work or not, good to see I was on the right track, just needed to take it a bit further.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com