Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help: DVD audio burning (Got it)  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Need help: DVD audio burning (Got it)
« on: January 17, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
OK, I'm an F'ing idiot. I'd rather kick myself in the nuts than mess around with this stuff much more. I flac'd, tracked (saved with alternative 24 bit format), created a 24/48 image with Audio DVD creator. Now I need to burn the POS to a DVD. Someone please tell me which of these friggin options to choose. There are several types of DVD's I can create and I don't know which one to use. Someone please post a step by step on how to use Nero 8 to burn a DVD-A disc. I got a new Oppo 980 for Xmas and haven't been able to make use of it yet. I've searched and found several topics, but still haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks-Kevin

The DVD creator gives me these options on types:
1. DVD-ROM9(iso) not it, just makes a data dvd.
2. DVD Copy-not it
3. DVD Video
4. DVD-ROM boot-don't need a boot disc
5. DVD-ROM UDF-don't know what udf is.
6. DVD-ROM UDF/ISO

which one?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 03:18:41 PM by Kevin Straker »
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

spreadheadtom

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Need help: DVD audio burning w/Nero 8
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 03:49:42 PM »
OK, I'm an F'ing idiot. I'd rather kick myself in the nuts than mess around with this stuff much more. I flac'd, tracked (saved with alternative 24 bit format), created a 24/48 image with Audio DVD creator. Now I need to burn the POS to a DVD. Someone please tell me which of these friggin options to choose. There are several types of DVD's I can create and I don't know which one to use. Someone please post a step by step on how to use Nero 8 to burn a DVD-A disc. I got a new Oppo 980 for Xmas and haven't been able to make use of it yet. I've searched and found several topics, but still haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks-Kevin

are you running Vista?

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:55:57 PM »

Thanks-Kevin

are you running Vista?

Nope, XP Home.
J. Spicoli

Offline frtower

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 03:59:08 PM »
http://www.imgburn.com/
 i use this to burn all my 24/48 dvda
hope this helps.
steve
DPA4011>v-2>744t

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 04:02:07 PM »
hope this helps.
steve
I'm not going down another road just yet. I know Nero burning rom will do it and I'm at the last step(although I'm at the same spot with imgburn). I'll look at the imgburn while I wait for someone to drop some Nero science on me.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:04:13 PM by Kevin Straker »
J. Spicoli

spreadheadtom

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »

Thanks-Kevin

are you running Vista?

Nope, XP Home.

I know I haven't been able to do it with Vista, so I was hoping you were so someone could speak up.

sorry.

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 04:08:45 PM »
what kind of files does your audio dvd creator spit out? hopefully,  audio_ts and  video_ts. or possibly an .iso? either way i am pretty sure you can just burn it like a data disc. but i dont use any of that software. so ymmv
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

spreadheadtom

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 04:10:20 PM »
what kind of files does your audio dvd creator spit out? hopefully,  audio_ts and  video_ts. or possibly an .iso? either way i am pretty sure you can just burn it like a data disc. but i dont use any of that software. so ymmv

nope....that's how I was doing it when you were at the apt.

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »
hope this helps.
steve
OK, I installed that one. Tried to burn a disc, got a message that says, "Put the fucker in ISO mode". There is a mode button on the tool bar and ISO is not one of the choices.  Can you give me a step by step on what options to pick?
J. Spicoli

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »

nope....that's how I was doing it when you were at the apt.
I have VOB files, couple IFO and BUP. They are in the Video_TS folder.

I burned one disc as a data DVD. I haven't tried it in my Oppo yet, but in my PC it still just looks like a disc with some data files on it. It doesn't appear to be anything that will play. I may be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:16:17 PM by Kevin Straker »
J. Spicoli

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 04:19:21 PM »
try this. create a blank VIDEO_TS and a blank AUDIO_TS folder. put all the files in one of those folders(id try doing it each way) and burn a data disc. if that doesnt work put the files in the video_ts and burn a dvd-video. like i said, im just grasping here. good luck and enjoy your coasters. :P
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline db

• Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »
if nero 8 has an option that is something to the effect: "write .iso to disc" that's what you want. they may have substituted the word "burn" for write...? once nero identifies your dvd burner, there should be a selectoid for "disc image (.iso file) or saved project".  leastways that's the way my earlier version does it.
db

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »
try this. create a blank VIDEO_TS and a blank AUDIO_TS folder. put all the files in one of those folders(id try doing it each way) and burn a data disc. if that doesnt work put the files in the video_ts and burn a dvd-video. like i said, im just grasping here. good luck and enjoy your coasters. :P
Not too many coasters yet. Thanks to everyone and +T for the advice. I think the data disc I have is burned pretty much as you describe above. Others have told me to do the same thing. I'll see how it comes out when I get home.

OK, disc plays and sounds great using Nero 8 choice #1 from my original post. The only problem is that I cannot cue through the tracks. I can see them going by as the song changes, but cannot go to the next track.

Here's a link to imgburn instructions;
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61
First you have to create an .ISO with your _TS and VOB and INF files. In imgburn, select the mode button and choose "build". The ISO will be created. Then follow the simple instructions from the link above.

Forget about using Nero.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 03:20:52 PM by Kevin Straker »
J. Spicoli

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
Re: Need help: DVD audio burning (Got it)
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 03:13:46 AM »
using audio dvd creator you just burn as video dvd. 
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com